North Korea conducted a nuclear test on Tuesday, South Korea’s defense ministry said, after seismic activity measuring 4.9 magnitude was registered by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter of the seismic activity, which was only one kilometer below the Earth’s surface, was close to the North’s known nuclear test site. [...]
AP, Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:00a ET:
North Korea successfully detonated a miniaturized nuclear device at a northeastern test site Tuesday, state media said, defying U.N. Security Council orders to shut down atomic activity or face more sanctions and international isolation. [...]
The North said it used a “lighter, miniaturized atomic bomb” that still has more explosive force than past tests. [...]
Wikipedia: The 2009 North Korean nuclear test was the underground detonation of a nuclear device [...] This was its second nuclear test, the first test having taken place in October 2006.
Published: February 12th, 2013 at 1:06 am ET
- Water with nuclear fuel coming up from ocean floor off Fukushima coast? Tokyo Professor: 156 quadrillion Bq of Cs-137 once in basements — Double Chernobyl; Getting close to total fallout from every atomic bomb test in history — May be outputting from seeps in seafloor, I don’t know (VIDEO) August 26, 2013
- Asahi: “Horrifying” that Fukushima meltdown equivalent to almost 30 times the radiation released by atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima August 13, 2011
- Brainwashed: Tepco like a cult — Workers thought missile from North Korea caused Fukushima explosion (VIDEO) March 13, 2013
- Top Nuclear Official: Atomic bomb may be used to blow up large asteroid (VIDEO) March 13, 2013
- US Gov’t: Radioactive material from reactors is 2 billion times more toxic than industrial poisons — Harm caused by nuclear disaster “greater than for any work of man” other than atomic bomb — Top Expert: Radiation “like explosions going off in cell… blows hole in DNA” (VIDEO) February 28, 2015