Child leukaemia doubles near French nuclear plants-study, Reuters, Jan. 11, 2012:
The incidence of leukaemia is twice as high in children living close to French nuclear power plants as in those living elsewhere in the country, a study by French health and nuclear safety experts [INSERM] has found.
“This is a result which has been checked thoroughly and which is statistically significant,” said Dominique Laurier, head of the epidemiology research laboratory at France’s nuclear safety research body (IRSN).
h/t EX-SKF, GreenParis
Published: January 12th, 2012 at 8:44 am ET
- Reuters: Last 24 hours have ‘killed’ French nuclear -Analyst — “It looks really bad” December 5, 2012
- Mag: Evidence linking nuclear plants to ill health increasingly compelling, “clear something is going” says prof. — UK gov’t blames unidentified virus for childhood leukemia rise February 15, 2012
- Study: 90% higher incidence of childhood leukemia around nuclear plants — Authors call for investigation -International Journal of Cancer January 21, 2012
- Reuters: Local fire brigade reported fire broke out at French nuke plant, officials deny — “Involuntary chemical reaction” — AFP: 50 firefighters deployed September 5, 2012
- U. of Pittsburg radiation expert: Child cancer risk doubles if exposed to just a couple x-rays worth of radiation during pregnancy (VIDEO) October 6, 2011