Reuters: Crane arm snaps while removing debris from Fukushima Unit 3 (VIDEO)
Reuters, September 5, 2013: Tepco also said on Thursday that the arm of a crane snapped while removing debris from the building housing the damaged No.3 reactor at the Fukushima plant. There were no injuries or damage to the building.
Tepco Handout translated by Fukushima Diary, September 5, 2013: the operator observed the crane gradually leaned. It is located on the west side of reactor3 building. A crack was found on the joint part for the main mast and jib.
Watch the crane failure here (20x time lapse)
- NHK: Fragile Unit 4 “possibly unsustainable” to more quakes in future — Debris in pool could delay removing fuel rods (VIDEO) September 11, 2012
- New pics of Reactor No. 3 show crane has collapsed onto leaking containment vessel (VIDEO) October 20, 2011
- Large crane above Fukushima reactor goes down during storm conditions (VIDEOS) September 21, 2011
- Footage of large piece of debris dropping into Fukushima Unit 3 fuel pool during snowstorm (VIDEO) February 10, 2013
- Guardian: 2 years later and “still no closer to gauging state of damaged fuel” at Fukushima — Reuters: “Little useful data on fuel debris” March 6, 2013