Source: Russia Today News
Date: February 15, 2013 at 9:00a ET
At 3:15 in
Reporter: We do know that at least 20,000 of the emergency personnel have been told to stay on high alert. I don’t think that order has recalled yet. I think they’re still on high alert because you have to understand as a matter of fact this could be a little teaser of what’s coming.
At 4:45 in
Reporter: If you look at the history of the area — here we’ve got video of the zinc factory that was hit and just blown out — I you could imagine waking up to this, if you look at the history of the area, this is essentially a giant nuclear facility. There are seven nuclear plants here that produce fuel.
Host: So it’s a danger zone.
Reporter: It’s a very big danger zone. During the soviet are it was basically a nuclear test site. Very heavily protected. So you could imagine that residents thought it was an attack or manmade disaster.
Published: February 15th, 2013 at 10:45 am ET
- BBC: Ukraine “on brink of civil war” — Gov’t: Threats to blow up nuclear plants; Facilities on high alert after seizure of energy ministry (VIDEO) January 30, 2014
- TV: Nuclear facilities near where meteor fragments landed in Russia — Radiation testing to continue throughout day — Location of third worst nuke accident ever (VIDEO) February 15, 2013
- CBS: Russian meteor exploding at ground level could kill millions if by major city — NASA: Equal to detonating 30 Hiroshima nuclear bombs (VIDEO) February 17, 2013
- Fox News: “Attacking some U.S. nuclear plants could be a piece of cake for terrorists… reactors are naked” — Expert: “Meltdown in a matter of minutes” — WFMY: “We are on high alert” (VIDEOS) August 17, 2013
- TV: Officials say “extremely high radiation levels” to be pouring out at Fukushima… “Problem can’t be fundamentally solved” — Gundersen: Plutonium leaking into groundwater, “essentially pieces of nuclear fuel”… “Parts of plant overflowing” after typhoons… “Not a problem that’s going away” (VIDEO) October 29, 2014