Interview with Dr. Michael Nobel
Published on Sep 2, 2012
Uploaded by Koni Scavella
After all his success, Dr. [Michael] Nobel now focuses his scientific research on the radiation effects on the victims of the Fukushima disaster, where the radioactive contamination is widespread even today almost a year after the earthquake.
Nobel: The scary figure is that we believe that 1 child out of 20 around the Fukushima area might run the risk of developing thyroid cancer from radiation contamination.
1 out of 20.
Wikipedia: [...] a co-founder and former Chairman of the Nobel Charitable Trust, and most commonly known for his part in developing the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). [...] Dr. Nobel is a consultant on energy issues and gives regular keynote lectures on the subject. He serves as a guest professor at the Solutions Science Research Laboratory at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of Japan, one of the world’s foremost institutions in its field. [...]
Published: September 3rd, 2012 at 8:22 am ET
- BBC Interview: “News about Fukushima… keeps getting worse” — Japan Professor: “Rash of disease” in Fukushima children, rate of cancer in thyroid up to “dozens of times higher than usual” — Expert: Forcible radiation exposure by gov’t (AUDIO) January 1, 2014
- Mainichi publishes report on thyroid cancer: 30% in Fukushima now with tumors of 2cm or less, thyroid gland only 5cm by 3cm total — Claims cancer increases after 10 sievert radiation dose, so Japan ok (10,000 millisieverts) April 27, 2012
- Japan Professor: Outbreak of cancer is now underway in Fukushima children; Clear evidence of an epidemic — All of Japan is still being exposed to nuclear radiation — Gov’t Official: It will be ‘disastrous’ if we have to conclude there’s an actual increase in thyroid cancer from Fukushima August 10, 2014
- Caldicott in Japan: “Incredibly rare” thyroid abnormalities found in 40% of Fukushima children — Indicates a really high dose of radiation, higher than at Chernobyl (VIDEO) November 20, 2012
- Kyodo: 10 Fukushima children believed to have cancer — 70% female — Several already had surgery for thyroid February 13, 2013