Interview with Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison
Host Marlin Folse
Nov. 5, 2012
At 21:30 in
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: When we had the big meeting in Pierre Part, it was brought out about the pipelines that we did have, and the potential danger of the pipelines.
One scientist from LSU indicated one pipeline, which was a 36 inch pipeline, was kinked on both sides — it was amazing to me that it did not break — and said if it would have actually broken at that time the sinkhole started, it could have taken out over 2 miles of area.
That’s a scary thought.
Published: November 10th, 2012 at 8:03 pm ET
- Gas pipeline found floating in giant sinkhole (PHOTO) October 11, 2012
- Major oil spill in U.S. after pipeline bursts — 40 miles from Arkansas nuclear plant at ‘emergency Level 4’ — “Like a river” of crude — Nearly 500,000 gallons spilled (VIDEO) April 1, 2013
- TV: Gas pipeline fire out of control in Louisiana bayou — 19 miles long with fuel still inside — Could burn for days (VIDEO) March 13, 2013
- New flyover footage of Louisiana pipeline blaze — Officials monitoring air quality — Unknown how long it will burn — Can’t be put out due to explosion risk (VIDEOS) March 13, 2013
- Latest flyover shows new area over pipeline breaking up into giant sinkhole (PHOTO & VIDEO) October 11, 2012