Published: November 29th, 2013 at 11:19 pm ET

KPFA, Nov. 29, 2013:

At 2:30 in

Wang H, et al. (2012)

Paul Johnson, owner of Monterey Fish Market: People are very concerned about it. I think that anytime that you have an issue like this coming out of the cold war and everything; people have brought a lot of concerns about nuclear waste along with that. Particularly here in Berkeley [California] people are all very smart, educated. People really want to know exactly what is going on. […] I didn’t expect quite as much concern from the retail customers.

At 12:00 in

Han G J, et al. (2013)

Ken Buesseler, marine radiochemist and Senior Scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution: I’ve seen some Canadian data that the front edge of that plume is starting to show up in trace quantities — we’re talking about something that is 10,000 times lower than our drinking water standards [...] but it’s showing, confirming what the models predict.

[Note: Fish bio-concentrate cesium-137 at a rate of 100 times the level found in the surrounding water. For seals and sea lions it's up to 1,000 times. Source: IAEA]

Full broadcast available here

See also: US Gov’t Report: “Radiation hot spots may occur… radioactive contaminants could remain a valid concern for years”

And: Professor: New studies show radioactive materials being carried across Pacific relatively intact from Fukushima -- On West Coast we need to monitor these pockets of high contamination -- Parts of areas may be affected in a significant way (AUDIO)

Published: November 29th, 2013 at 11:19 pm ET

1. Radio: I’m afraid impact of Fukushima contamination on west coast of N. America will be downplayed, it could impact so much — Professor: This is a concern (AUDIO) September 20, 2013
  2. Canada TV: New concerns about radiation levels in fish from Pacific — “These numbers are just staggering” — Contamination up considerably — “It’s a major event worldwide” (VIDEO) October 7, 2013
  3. Gundersen: When the radioactive plume hits West Coast in a few months “it’s not like it’s going to end” — Fukushima still pumping contamination into Pacific Ocean 1,000 days after disaster began (AUDIO) December 7, 2013
  4. New model shows U.S. was hit by Fukushima cloud that dispersed little over Pacific — Gundersen: Authorities knew about hot particles and didn’t warn public; Could have worn air masks, instead it’s stuck in their lungs; Helicopters did secret survey along coast (PHOTO & AUDIO) December 24, 2013
  5. Gizmodo: Entirely possible leaking nuclear material from Fukushima is going to U.S. and Canada — Bloomberg: “Fish contamination concerns have spread beyond Japan” July 23, 2013

125 comments to Scientist: Leading edge of Fukushima plume is now showing up on West Coast — Fish Market Owner: My customers have a lot of concerns about the nuclear contamination, they’re very smart and educated… I didn’t expect this much concern (AUDIO)

• charlie3

"we’re talking about something that is 10,000 times lower than our drinking water standards"
    Are there accepted standards of plutonium and strontium 90 in our drinking water?
    No,I didn't think so.
    Go Berkeley!

• Ontological Ontological

Educate everyone you know! Make them smart and concerned about the dangers of nuclear power also, no matter how insane they think you are!

• CB CB

How will the U.S. government handle public relations damage control?

• SadieDog

@CB, Are you ready for some football ?

• CB CB

I am. It doesn't matter to me what damage I've done to myself. I own that. What does matter is what the nuke industry has taken away from my childrens future. I remember the average person breathing 10 hot particles a day on the West coast n the first few months after the tsunami. The EPA stoping radiation measurements. Fallout from initial plume as bad on the the east coast as the west coast. My kids injesting it, breathing it.
        Feeling helpless because my government didn't in fact try to do whats right and fix it, but had so many nuclear secrets they just kept it the way it always has been.

• WWJD WWJD

@CB – TV has been a great tool to of our government to distract people from real issues and I believe the internet with forums like this educating people was very unexpected by them.

• nuclear_genie nuclear_genie

Football is good. It keeps all the men in the country occupied so they don't start thinking about the important stuff. If it didn't exist, it would be necessary to invent it.

• Mack Mack

Let's see:

(1) They'll send out nuclear-trolls to comment on every single article about Fukushima, and the trolls will say over and over that Fukushima hasn't hurt anyone. CHECK

(2) They'll make it harder to comment on articles by making you sign up with Facebook in order to comment on articles. CHECK

(3) They'll send out guys like Buesseler, etc., to minimize the dangers of radiation in every single study published. CHECK

(4) They'll stop mainstream media from reporting on Fukushima. CHECK

(5) They'll stalk comments on Enenews and the Berkeley Fukushima Forum and act upon the comments, for example, when people were concerned about the source of food, they'll have the USDA change the labeling of food to "Grown in USA" so no one will know where it's grown. CHECK

(6) They'll stop the EPA from monitoring radiation. CHECK

(7) They'll increase imports from Japan. CHECK

(8) They'll provide more funding for building new nuclear plants. CHECK

(9) They won't publish cancer, etc., statistics for 2011, 2012, 2013. CHECK

(10) When people wanted Iodine after Fukushima, they impounded all of the Iodine. CHECK

(11) They'll forbid the CTBTO from publishing real radiation findings. CHECK

(12) They'll raise radiation limits. CHECK

Did I miss anything? :)

• SadieDog

What I mean is, the gov will handle damage control by ignoring and distracting. People don't want to know about this. 10 out of 10 people I try to talk to about Fukushima either think it stopped two years ago or just nod and carry on. There are some people that wish to remain blissfully ignorant and I can't really say I blame them.

• AllenH (Scary, but not alarming !?)

When I try tell friends, I get fully ignored. Some have even stopped talking to me altogether. I think everybody thinks I'm mad.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

They don't think you are mad..they just wonder why you can not return to clueless normality..like them.
          I come from a very judgemental family..yep..many instances in family history…due to the fact that ..we judge ourselves the hardest.
          As I grew up..I tried to learn not to judge.
          And I do pretty well.
          But I'll say this..
          The moment I find myself being judged..that changes the equation..
          And I have judged some of my friends..and they are no longer my friends.
          And nor do I miss them..because I never really needed them.
          I won't have anyone questioning..any aspect of my life.
          Simple as that.

• Phil Shiffley Phil Shiffley

People just don't want you to rock their little cocoon of comfort. TPTB have shaped a lot of us into believing if some guy reading a teleprompter hasn't announced it, it hasn't been verified. If you think about it, most people have turned all responsibility of caring for themselves over to some virtually unidentified authority known generically as "they". "They" would never let anything bad happen to us, right?

• AllenH (Scary, but not alarming !?)

Well said, but when I tell family their eyes just glaze over.
            Guess in the broader aspect of things, we all on our own.
            The governments dont giva a flying F….., they just want there SAFE(!?) power money. Who cares if we all die in this stupid dangerous venture called nuclear power. Give me the money!!!
            I have dropped most of my friends, or just stopped trying to talk to them. When people with children tell you though they dont want to hear it. It kinda hurts. My own son is old enough now, I dont fear for him, the only thing is his life will be cut short, like all of us.
            I battled to sleep last night, it was hell, at least 4hrs before I managed to pass out. Its this FUCK-U-Shima issue that sometimes let me not rest.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

I lose a lot of sleep..but have taught myself to rest some.
              We are in for the 'long haul'.

I got to the point that ..I hoped that my friends although would not participate..could understand my duress..my sleepless nights..but they don't.

My folks were working class..and my folks saw friends as sometimes burdens..as they failed to take up their load.
              Survival requires cutting them loose.

• unincredulous unincredulous

Zeolite onnnn my keyboard like dooooooom on my mmmmmmind. please bear wth me.It's tough.I used to have troubler dlrrpping I dtill do somes. I kind of got ussssssse to it now. So I burrrrrrid it my my subconscious as ar as the worry. I just tell people about it and let te ccaaaaaards flall where they may. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIthey can't accept it, nothing I can do. I don't pester people at it. I satay at home alot aaaaaaaaaaanway. Can't afford to do much.

So I have this little seed of impending doom buuuuuuuuuuuried in my subconscious at the level only eough to avoid feel trapped. But it is getting to br a problem. Myy dreams are getting to be like a sciiiiiienc e fiction . Nowwwwwwwww you may understttttand I will not be postingggggg for a while. Don't breathee zeolite ooooooooooooor get it on your keyboard. Peace oouuuuut.

• Sparky Sparky

Hey Unincredulous, good to hear from you again. Don't let the Zeolite keep you from posting. We can understand your post even with the repeated and random letters. Actually, it may give all insight of what can happen when our electronic and physiologic systems get screwed with. The keyboard glitch is probably more bothersome to you than your Enenews buds. Regain your spirits and health, whack your keyboard or blow it off (literally and figuratively) and keep posting on Enenews. We'll all adapt: That's our collective strength. :-)

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

@AllenH: like all epic struggles, ones state of mind will be the determining factor in its outcome. While I can appreciate being enraged by what's happened, being so risks breaking-down your spiritual state-of-mind. Put another way, your mental health is as important to the survival of yourself and others, as-is your physical condition. What you (and others) are feeling is normal. The limitations that you've discovered in others about you is only normal. We only know what we know. Expecting that another will suddenly drop their value-set to take on yours, is arrogant at best. Go easy on those about you and lead by example. Only offer your insight and knowledge to those who are receptive. Become a reserve for those who will value your contribution. Laugh loud and freely in the face of the demon. It is your love of life that preserves this world; not your fear…

• bo bo

I've lost a lot of friends.
          The ones I haven't lost yet, are also already lost inside of me, because I already know the outcome of how they will react if I told them what goes through my head.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

I call it good..that my family..though still wanting to maintain..the happy little lives they have built…understands I am not at liberty to walk away…from this fight.
            They understand it ..as the 'good fight'.
            And although scared..understand..I have a duty.
            My friends however..I have little patience with.
            I 'spared' most..(basically a time saving effort..after I realized I was speaking to deaf ears).

I tell no one..what truly goes through my head..including Enenews.
            I may have stated being afraid..concerned
            But I have never deemed the situation scary, alarming..doom..or any other.
            I have never made open statement prognosis..and have always tried to keep closely to scientific fact.
            I have ask people to look at the evidence for themselves.. decide for themselves.
            And when they decide to wander off ..to watch 'crime TV'..I'm going to let it happen.

• bo bo

In my heart, I have my sister in Australia, though a hemisphere apart.

• Same happened here until their pets started dying of bone cancer, and their kids started having lymph nodes removed…

We tried. That's all we can do.

• digitalaardvarks

the scold me for worrying about "world affairs." that i am causing myself unnecessary suffering. why can't i just ignore it like everyone else. i was literally told don't worry, be happy. are you sure the rain and snow are radioactive?

• vicky13 vicky13

Same is happening with me. Every time I tell people I care about that FUKU is the absolute worst, they look at me like I am nuts.

My own sister, just says,, why worry about it,, we can't do anything about it.

Is hugely frustrating.

I walk around look at people,, and that saying in the movie echoes in my head,

"I see DEAD PEOPLE",,,

They just don't know they are dead yet,

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

That's about it..isn't it?
          But then I guess it a matter of preference.. as to how one is executed.
          With or without a blindfold.
          Nothing learned until the exit wound…

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

PS..One of my judgemental friends..didn't become afraid until ..I quit telling her about it.
            I'm never speaking to her again…

• weeman

And the meek shall inherit the earth, unfortunately there may be little left to inherit.
              In your mind are you right, then do not give up the fight,
              They are the ignorant and selfish, as there only concern is for themselves and the pathetic life they live, so what when I am dead I don't care what happens, not my problem, I raped mother nature and gave you all aids.

• mairs mairs

Didn't the government give a grant to MIT to study nuclear perception-mitigation? I don't remember the exact phrase, but essentially it's money to figure out how to sell it and cover up the damage it does.

• Lion76 Lion76

Sounds like this Ken character needs a chin check (aka reality check)

• westpac99

I think there needs to be a unification of information and idea's. Any idea's?

• SadieDog

Godspeed Mother Nature, Listen with caution; I'm still crying. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPVydfSIHCU

• 富岡_Blue_Heron 富岡_Blue_Heron

Tepco's latest press release concerning compliance with directives from the NISA agency regarding treatment and storage of contaminated water:

It says just about everything but how much radioactive water is lost every week. What is this freshwater business from 'Filtrate Tank?' There are no volumes provided, not even a zero, just hyphens. So the closed loop does it all?

• SadieDog

Is it possible that china has a more free press than the US? http://www.scmp.com/topics/fukushima-nuclear-accident

• markww markww

TROLLS are easy to Handle TRUTH always wins in the end and hell isn't full yet with them

Markww

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

The East Coast is also in deep doo doo. Mass dye offs of bottlenose dolphins from Canada to Southern Florida. Now this!

Event date: 05:39:24 AM 30/11/2013
    Event: Biological Hazard
    Country: USA
    State: State of Florida
    Area: Sanibel Island waters
    City:
    Short details: Swimmers and surfers are being met with dead fish along some of our Southwest Florida beaches. It is happening on one of the busiest weekends for some fun in the water.

• hexagon

This is a sincere question. I am a new poster here after a few weeks of reading.

If it is taking nearly 3 years for radioactive plume to hit the west coast, how is the water on the east coast also affected?

• digitalaardvarks

the radiation in the air took 4-5 days to hit the west coast. a few more days to hit the east coast. this plume is radiation from the ocean containing a huge toxic garbage debris from the tsunami. the dumping into the ocean for close to 3 years has spread radiation all over the world.

• AllenH (Scary, but not alarming !?)

I have no answer to your question, but I remember an article saying they had discovered fallout from Fuku in France, now that is not so surprising. They of course never elaborated on how it got there, I think because they cannot tell. Or perhaps a French station had an incident, the truth to everything is….is that we are constantly lied to, since we begun tracking our history, this is just an extension. The fake story goes on…..

• mairs mairs

Well it's like mercury. The earth has a vast inventory of mercury that circles the globe in the atmosphere. It is picked up by wind and carried high into the atmosphere, falls into the sea with the rain, flows down rivers into the ocean from mining operations and fertilizer, and on and on, permanently. Fukushima radiation contaminated the ocean from the atmospheric release in the beginning. Kelp in Southern California absorbed Fukushima radiation soon after the meltdowns.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

It's much worse than we can imagine and some have noted the fungi that eats radiation and as the hot particles get into the/our lungs, so do the fungi and here are some of the results.. :)

It will get much worse in the future… :( Shut all these Nuclear Power Plants down now!

• flatsville

Yes, yes,obewan..

>>>Good..shut all this Nuclear crap down worldwide and do it now!<<<

Have you blogged-up or called the international attorney below?

No?  Do it now!

Take responsibility for your idea of organizing an International Cadre of Attorney working 5 hrs. each… or contacting the one good attorney you think can shut this all down in one fell swoop.

Otherwise this "Shut Them All Down!" rallying cry you keep repeating ad nauseum is nonsense and worse than pointlessly annoying.

Pick up the phone.

Free yourself from the Enenews trap you've created for yourself in which posting something makes it true or makes it happen or confers the responsiblity onto someone else.

Pick up the phone.

Stop expecting others to execute your ideas.  Be the "One" yourself

Pick up the phone.

Do it now!

Nuclear Power Industry is a Crime Against Humanity!

By Francis Boyle
      Sunday, 20 March 2011
      Francis A. Boyle
      Professor of International Law
      University of Illinois College
      of Law

• Socrates

Obewanspeaks,

Be proactive. Friends of the Earth have the best attorneys such.as Francis Boyle. Get active. It is not too late from the evidence I have seen. The did great things at SONGS. They work on pollinator collapse. They do NOT need volunteer attorneys. They need money and volunteers. Giving up is the easy way out.

• flatsville

Agreed on FOE and others.

I easily tire of the nonsense I read here out of people who are self-styled keybaord activists without a clue as to how things work in the "reality based" world.

Nice to see that the security state hasn't greased you yet and your not hiding under the bed.

T-minus 21 on waste confidence rule.

If only every Enenewser clicked the link and submitted a comment…

• Socrates

I attended the NRC conference on the DRAFT Generic EIS in Carlsbad and submitted comments.

You stated "and others." Yes, very true.

I advise a number of local environmental groups pro bono.I also donate time and money to PACs in various fields of consumer and environmental areas.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Ken Buesseler..One of these days the mothers on the West Coast..are going to find out he lowballed the estimates and the effects…and subjected their children to harm unduly.
    I wish tarring and feathering was still in fashion..

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

I told you folks here..he was trouble..
    But then I had to hear it..
    You're too tough on him ..Heart.
    It happens all the time..LOL.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Ps..That's because Enenews is full of sweethearts..I know.
    Good people.. good hearts.

• Sawitree

I do hope that everybody here realizes that the USA has detonated more atomic bombs than ALL the other countries in the world together – and most of them on American soil.
    I was born when the nuclear fallout worldwide was at its maximum – thank you very much.
    For those too young to know/remember – search 'A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 – 3 Times Faster' on You Tube.

How can you know whether all the radiation you noticing today in America is not a 'left-over' of those test ?

Best regards … Sawitree

• Concentrate on this.

Keyword: bio-concentrate

fish 100 times
    seals up to 1,000 times
    sea lions up to 1,000 times
    (seals and sea lions eat the fish)

plankton ?
    dolphins ?
    whales ?
    kelp ?
    starfish ?

What about …humans ?

What about ACCUMULATED INTAKE over TIME? :(

There are a staggering number of products we use and consume that come from the sea. Simple items like toothpaste (seaweed) and fertilizer (fish bone). The 'transport vectors' are insidious and numerous.

The radioactive contamination does not stop until such time as the 'decay rate' is no longer hazardous to life. Even the bones of the dead fish will contaminate the spot they come to rest upon. Anything which comes into contact with that radiation will then be contaminated too. It SPREADS… always, always, always!

What if someone loves sushi, uses seaweed toothpaste, takes fish oil capsules, drinks milk and eats cheese while adding sea salt to the tuna sandwich? Also assuming that the wife and kids eat it too.

What would their accessed risk levels be?

Should they be…?

a. Concerned
    b. Alarmed
    c. Angry
    D. all of the above
    e. none of the above

• Socrates

They mention the controversy about low dose risk. If you believe that all additional radiation is risky then fidh is not so safe.

• ftlt

No worries… If this thing about the control of the Senkaku ocean zone gets out of hand… Everyone of Japan's dozen's nuclear plants are in danger…

A strike on a nuclear plant = a nuclear first strike..

USA has warned all civil aircraft out of the area…

Confrontation can not be far off…

Insanity And buried underneath it all, is the insanity of ocean mining…

Who runs the world now, Alien's from outer space???

Insane!!!

• Shaker1

Who needs aliens when we have 'us' to run it? They're men. Respectfully, might you think that if another life form has the intelligence to get themselves here that they'd be stupid enough to assume the role of scapegoat for this kind of crap?

• pattersonp

WHAT "CANADIAN DATA"? SHOW US THE NUMBERS, otherwise this is absolutely rubbish and speculation.

What isotopes are they sampling?
    What isotopes HAVE THEY sampled?
    Where is the sampling occuring (point on a map)?
    Who is conducting the research? (NGO, govt, reserch at Uni, etc).

there's also a plume of heavy metals, viruses, e-coli, and parasites in my local water ways for the last 30 years.

Obviously physics dictates this 'plume' in the sea, and air is coming/already here, that's fine… But where are the #'s presently and BEFORE fukushima.

• AllenH (Scary, but not alarming !?)

You know, I never understood the term ploom, I, in my mind see a large black grey deadly cloud, hahaha. Thats what the fuck heads expect. But we all know its an invisible, silent deadly killer that would give any low rate ninja movie a run for its money. Hahaha.
      It could fucken mean anything, the other day they asked the fisherman to be on the lookout for such things, they might of asked them if there noodles were facing the wrong way !!!! I am JUST tired of ALL their lies and Bullshit !!! Simple as that. Hey Fuckheads in Fuku_ Whats wrong with a bit of truth ?

• ftlt

Shankster: I would assume, they, the Aliens, would have the intelligence to do it to someone else's planet instead of their own – that was the point..

We're certainly stupid enough to do it to our own planet… We prove it everyday in every way…

I was just hoping for a better explanation is all..

The other point is, FUFU as bad as it is, is probably not the end of us ******(but, don't tell that to any of the "SKY IS FALLINGers" on here)..

It will be the sum total of our many FUFUs that is going to get us in the end… Sadly, that sum total is now all but a certainty…

• James Tekton James Tekton

The horrendous cover up of this ELE continues daily and now, the light is shining on the truth.

Is it too late for humanity?

Japanese (And American) Governments Go to Extreme Lengths to Cover Up Fukushima and Other Disasters:

• I stopped listening at that mention of the bananas equivalent –arghhh.

Perhaps I haven't been keeping up with developments at that station, but this old timer expected better from KPFA.

* For any newbies here: the effects of ingesting cesium-137/134 are not comparable with ingesting potassium-40 in food. The latter is homeostatically balanced in hours, while the former might take 10 weeks to eliminate (and bananas help, BTW) –in addition to being chemically/biologically and radiologically different.

* I find it –rather hopeless, that some 60 years along, and in the teeth of the unfolding Fukushima Daiichi disaster –that there remains a leg to stand on in the defense of nuclear energy. (Let alone that President Obama's response is to secure a $9B public loan to build more NPPs.)

The outcome of nuclear energy, even without a disaster, was understood LONG ago: "A single 200 megawatt reactor, after one year of operation, contains more radioactive cesium, strontium, and iodine than the amounts produced in all the nuclear weapons tests ever conducted. These high-level wastes have to be perfectly separated from the environment, not just for 600 years, but for over 1,000,000 years — far longer than any political entity has existed in the whole of human history."
    > http://www.ccnr.org/open_letter.html#nuc

Craig

• Nick

In my perusings, I've noticed several posters mention sleep anomalies.

Could many of us be experiencing pineal gland disruption, causing serotonin and melatonin levels to
    be not quite right?

To attribute worry to insomnia just doesn't quite add up.

I bet millions have experience subtle sleep pattern changes recently….globally.

Kinda eerie.

• Sparky Sparky

OK, add this to the MSM "Distractions" list: http://news.yahoo.com/showdown-looks-lucrative-tuna-industry-225239300.html. No doubt the tuna is and has been over-fished. But no mention of the "R" word?? No mention of the sick, C-137 contaminated tuna swimming in toxic oceans contaminated with radiation and chemicals and garbage, consuming contaminated plankton, and bio-accumulating these poisons to poison other life forms up the food chain? Soon the tuna "supply" will equal zero, then there will be no arguments about who/which countries are over-fishing. But until then, select controversies will be pushed to center stage to distract the masses from the nuclear ELE unfolding at Fuku and elsewhere, people and countries will fight for their "fair share" of [contaminated] tuna, contaminated tuna will be standard fare throughout the world, and people will get sick and die from various "other" causes. 'Gotta keep that economic bubble afloat as long as possible, whatever the human or ecological cost! How much demand for tuna would there be if people realized that the tuna (and other sea life)is really not safe to eat?? Zero. Hence, the distraction. A well-funded, diabolically brilliant marketing/miscommunication strategy. Makes me want to scream sometimes.

• Shaker1

Well Nick, I, for one, have gotten to feel like I do when going to my doctor lately for rounds and rounds of tests that solve nothing. It impressed me that he was much more willing to entertain what it couldn't be rather than what it might be. I might understand the method, but when he got to the point at which he implied subtly that it might be all in my head, I signaled not so subtly that I understood what he said by retorting that he was grossly overestimating the power of my mind. I guess that kind of blew a hole in the balloon of validation he tried to float.

Christ, radioactive contamination, endocrine disruptors in medicines, pesticides and herbicides, hormonal tinkering in animal and foodstuffs, genetic tinkering in animals and foodstuffs, chemical tinkering with every damned thing, all this stuff eventually ending up in the water in some manner or another, we as similar, yet dicrete individuals, all that with what nature does that we might not understand as well as we think…Is eerie the word, really?

As for my doctor, I don't hold it against him or his profession. I did, though, decide the least that I could do was make HIM comfortable, so I cancelled all the tests and haven't seen him, or another member of the medical community since.

Maybe I should bill them for my services.

• humanity is and always has been a community of cannibals. trickle down economics is just another form of pissing down our backs and calling it rain but the psychopaths at the top have always encouraged war and pestilence to be spread far and wide for there are profits and spoils to be collected as bounty by the privateers posing as governments.
    count the ways they create crimes and racketeering by voting to steal from your neighbors, then denouncing the resistors as tax evaders to be mocked and derided as barely above rapists for not supporting the community of cannibals that run the system.
    nuclear fits these people like peas and carrots, fear not the meek npp sitting quietly by the shores, fear the terrorist hiding behind the fences grinning madly as they plan the next school shooting.
    fear not the invisible, tasteless and colorless radiation wafting across the seas and lands, but fear instead the madness of rejecting the state as gods to lead you beside the still waters.
    I live on the wrong planet, in the wrong galaxy for I see the waste and killing as the only way this blue marble has ever existed and I reject it all.
    next up, the tell-lie-visions will convince the masses that the black death waves are not nuclear caused but instead the fickle finger of fate caused by the use of curtains over your windows.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

nice rant alreadyconsidereddead…

• my handle reflects the position of society I exist in, these creatures consider us all, already dead. they pick at our fruits while we walk, then chew the bones of the dead and sell the excrement as fertilizers.
        monsanto, ge, raytheon, et all intend to feed until the collapse they intend to create.
        as a "cold war warrior" I was duped , as a working man I was convinced to work myself into a grave, as a disabled veteran I am discarded.
        the collecting of shiny stuff and fawning over gladiators created by the matrix of cannibals is the life pursuit of the masses of the ignorant.

to accept the new reality of a post fukushima planet is to de-evolve from individual thought into the group think of the eugenics creatures, death is good and life is supposed to be brief, harsh and without hope.

the boot stomping on humanity's face is unseen, it is radiation from near and far, it is forever. I weep for what never existed, wisdom untainted by the propagandists and slavers. the overt police state worshipers are merely a symptom of the diseased minds they created long ago.

after fuku I see my friends in denial, buttressed by the black friday madness inflicted by the tee veeeeeeeeee while those of us that see through to the coriums can only shout at the deaf muted zombies created by the masters of destruction. saying "I told you so" is pretty hollow satisfaction when the funerals ramp up and the death taxes on the estates are gobbled up by the states.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

@alreadyconsidereddead: I greatly admire your ability to look squarely into the face of the demon. Though many will find your insights bewildering and dark, such unstinting vision is the only means to finding our way out of the darkness of this age. Stay strong and know that pragmatism is appreciated and welcomed by others…

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

Many thanks for a great rant, alreadyconsidereddead! ;)

Some people are unafraid to open their eyes, see the world as it is, and think about the future. The population of most of the world is no longer growing fast enough to produce the economic growth that fuels the corporate capitalist system.

In the US, capitalism can no longer provide enough jobs to sustain the middle and working classes. We are told to look at the new big box stores on the outskirts of town, but to ignore the empty storefronts downtown, and overlook the fact that retail employees are paid close to minimum wages for 29 hour-a-week jobs, which do not even provide health insurance. The answer, according to the capitalist grifters in Washington, is to cut food stamps again, chanting: "Waste, fraud, and abuse!"

In China, families invest their savings in gleaming new residential towers, where new apartments sit empty year after year for lack of renters (ghost cities). The air is so thick that smoke blocks out the sun at noon. Clearly, corporate capitalism has failed the Chinese people.

In Japan, corporate capitalism is doomed by a declining population, and by Fukushima.

Clearly, brothers and sisters, we have come at last to the end of corporate capitalism. The people have nothing left for the capitalists to take, and corporations have nothing more to give. It is time to think about the kind of institutions and governments we want to replace corporate capitalism with.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

agreed PhilipUpNorth. And I greatly appreciate your highlighting "corporate capitalism" as the force that destroyed free-market capitalism. It was precisely the corrupting influence of corporatist that crippled representative governments, world wide…

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

You clearly have left the created ancient Zeitgeist Matrix. :) You should write a book! :)

• xochitloco

Honestly, how can anyone still feel comfortable selling fish?

I realize peoples livelihoods depend on it but if that were me I'd of been looking for a new job two years ago. How could you live with yourself without at least going out and buying really decent Geiger counters that can analyze food yourself and provide your customers with firsthand knowledge.

I know fishermen here and when I've mentioned Fuku they give me the mother of all awkward looks and change the subject.

• rakingmuck

I wish there was a way to directly link to a comment as that "rant" was truth to power