The Advocate, Feb. 19, 2013: Gary Hecox, a geologist with CB&I, said the cavern still is collapsing.
“The thing the committee needs to understand, the collapse is still ongoing today. The collapse is not finished. The seismic events that we’re monitoring demonstrate quite conclusively that the cavern is still collapsing.” -Gary Hecox
Published: February 20th, 2013 at 12:06 pm ET
- Press Conference: Cavern below sinkhole has failed… and collapsed — Collapse may be ongoing (VIDEO) September 26, 2012
- Paper: 50 micro-earthquakes a day at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Blamed on ‘breaking rock’ underground — Sidewall of cavern still collapsing April 16, 2013
- (UPDATED) TV: Concerns about second giant sinkhole opening up — “On verge of collapsing” — Could take out Highway 70 — Size may double (VIDEO) March 9, 2013
- Paper: Giant propane cavern also in vacinity of sinkhole — Capacity over 3 million barrels when added to butane cavern — Officials: “A lot of dynamic things” happening nearby August 15, 2012
- State Rep: Sinkhole disaster could go on for “many, many years” — We need to understand what may happen if this thing goes any further (VIDEO) November 9, 2012