Third Eye Weekly on BreakThru Radio, Sept. 17, 2013 – Ken Buesseler, Senior Scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (At 38:00 in): What’s been happening at some level like a month ago there was less concern […] You measure the isotopes, we can say that they’re coming from that reactor, and had it been completely zero, we couldn’t have seen them anymore. So we’ve known about the leaks, they seem to be getting stronger.
Worldview on WBEZ 91.5 Chicago, August 26, 2013 – Ken Buesseler, Senior Scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute (At 14:30 in): We’re kind of back in a situation where we just can’t predict how long and how much is coming out of there. We thought by now this would have really ramped down, and it’s just become this persistent problem that seems to be getting worse.
See also: Senior Scientist: Chernobyl was nothing with potential of Fukushima right on ocean -- No way to contain all this radioactive water -- You can't stop groundwater flow -- Every bit of news we're getting is radioactivity numbers are going up
Published: September 21st, 2013 at 5:13 pm ET
- “Big Problem”: Cracked floors in Fukushima reactors leaking into groundwater that’s rising and rising and rising due to Tepco wall — “Can no longer be stopped from getting in ocean” — “Worse than that… buildings now on mushy land” (AUDIO) August 28, 2013
- Caldicott: Fukushima much worse than Chernobyl — Nuclear engineers say there’s no end in sight to this — I predict they’ll never be able to fix it (VIDEO) October 5, 2013
- Nuclear Engineer: Even worse news at Fukushima plant — Radioactive water has formed pathway and is flowing straight into Pacific Ocean (AUDIO) January 31, 2014
- Gundersen: Concern an even larger calamity is coming at Fukushima — Guardian: Workers passing out within minutes of arriving at plant; Alcohol abuse a problem, men working with ‘the shakes’; Insiders say they’re suffering health problems (AUDIO) October 15, 2013
- Radio: Geologists predict entire 3-mile-wide salt dome below sinkhole may collapse — “This is a really an ongoing disaster, it’s going to continue to get worse” (AUDIO) October 2, 2012