Title: 70,000 US Service Personnel Exposed To Radiation: Operation Tomodachi 3/11
Source: Nuked Radio with RadChick
Date Published: Feb 9, 2013
At 19:00 in
Michael Sebourn, (in charge of decontaminating aircraft after 3/11) Senior chief mechanic for the helicopter squadron based at Atsugi: The army pulled out a 60,000 CCPM radiator out of one of their helicopters. It was absolutely crazy, crazy circumstance. The nuclear guys just kind of went nuts and deep sunk this thing into a barrel of water and other chemicals and put a huge barrier around it, you know ‘police line do not cross’.
Radiation actually feeds itself, and you get radiation that high it becomes its own source of power and energy. It won’t go away, storing in containers is not going to do anything. It will actually feed, it will grow, and so every day readings around the area have to be taken — at this point 5 feet from that barrel we’re reading 750 CCPM, you just have to continue to monitor that.
Published: February 10th, 2013 at 12:23 pm ET
- CNN: Alarm due to radiation spike brings ’1st-of-its-kind’ response at US nuclear site — Inspections cancelled, no one able to enter facility due to ‘high radiation’ levels — Reuters: Plans got called off over ‘safety thing’ — Gov’t: ‘Pretty sure’ we know where leak is — Local TV calls it ‘emergency’ (VIDEO) February 17, 2014
- “Growing sense of crisis” at Fukushima — Tepco “very concerned” about high levels of contamination in groundwater thought to be clean — Was to be pumped into ocean as part of bypass plan (VIDEO) September 7, 2013
- Nuclear Worker: “There’s been some people dying, young guys, of some weird cancers” (VIDEO) July 23, 2012
- Film: High radiation alarm went off at another Fukushima nuclear plant before tsunami hit (VIDEO) March 14, 2013
- TV: “The Japanese are part of a massive non-consensual experiment on radiation exposure” — “Everywhere now is radioactive, we can’t escape it,” say Fukushima locals at beach (VIDEO) August 26, 2013