Garland Robinette: Let me ask you the question again that everybody asks me: Will this thing spread to impact any other areas?
Chemist Wilma Subra, LEAN Technical Advisor: It has the potential to impact larger areas.
MaryLee Orr, LEAN Executive Director: Yes and the thing is Garland, they don’t know.
Published: December 9th, 2012 at 12:35 am ET
- Worst case at giant sinkhole? “Great fear it could explode” — Area to be sacrifice zone? — Very degrading situation (VIDEO) December 9, 2012
- Giant Sinkhole: Hydrogen Sulfide is in the oil — Residents reporting “really acute health impacts” (AUDIO) December 10, 2012
- Expert: “We’re actually starting to see fractures occurring in this disturbed zone at the surface” around giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) February 12, 2013
- Official films ‘burp event’ at giant Louisiana sinkhole — Intense bubbling across several large areas (VIDEO) August 9, 2013
- Expert: Over 200 million cubic feet of gas in area under giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) July 19, 2013