Siemens quitting nuclear business, AP, September 18, 2011:
Siemens said Sunday it is quitting the nuclear energy business to focus on other technologies.
The German industrial conglomerate [said it] would not invest any more in developing nuclear energy.
A joint venture planned with Russian nuclear firm Rosatom will be canceled. [...]
“A response to the clear position of the German public and government” -Siemens CEO
Published: September 19th, 2011 at 10:56 am ET
- “Probable Game-Changer”: Special issue of Bulletin of Atomic Scientists shows EXIT from nuclear power brings economic and environmental benefits — ‘Startling’ findings November 1, 2012
- Report: Nuclear companies infiltrated universities November 3, 2011
- Mag: Evidence linking nuclear plants to ill health increasingly compelling, “clear something is going” says prof. — UK gov’t blames unidentified virus for childhood leukemia rise February 15, 2012
- German Gov’t Study: Children living near nuclear plants have double leukemia rates, high incidence of solid cancers — Reactors cannot prevent radiation from escaping (VIDEO) October 22, 2011
- Journal: 70,000 reports of suspected health damage every year among German nuclear workers exposed to less than 20 milliSv February 3, 2012