Title: Bayou Corne/Assumption Parish Resident Meeting
Date: Nov 13, 2012
At 1:22:45 in
Resident: Can I ask you a question why it took so long [to start flaring gas]?
Geologist Gary Hecox: We had to figure out the problem with our wells, first of all.
And then in all honesty we had problems getting contractors who would come down here and work on the wells.
- The Observation Well [...] will remain shut in until Monday, November 26. [...]
- Due to limited contractor availability given the holiday, the work to remove the water in the casing [of the shallow aquifer Relief Well #1] that is apparently impeding gas flow will not begin until Monday, November 26.
Published: November 20th, 2012 at 4:37 pm ET
- New gap developing far from sinkhole? Officials appear focused on area in most of today’s hi-res images (VIDEO & PHOTOS) October 23, 2012
- Officials: Worries about more subsidence in area will be revealed at today’s public meeting on giant sinkhole — Possible ‘gaps’ underground October 23, 2012
- State Expert: Major explosion possible in area of sinkhole (VIDEO) November 20, 2012
- Work halted for past week at giant Louisiana sinkhole as tremors increase — Official: “Never before had the level of rock slumped inside the cavern” June 3, 2013
- Louisiana sinkhole grows to 8 acres — Witness: “Ridiculous” amount of oil outside hole — 80,000 gallons of removed from surface (VIDEO) November 17, 2012