Title: 11/13/12 Resident Briefing
Uploaded by: assumptionla
Uploaded Date: Nov 14, 2012
Note: Unfortunately the sound is muffled during the relevant portion in the official video. See the same scene with clear audio filmed by a concerned citizen here.
At ~9:00 in
Geologist Gary Hecox: I told you last time how I view this. Those are my 9 grandkids. I didn’t show you the half a grandkid because she’s not born yet.
We have consulted with indoor expert that we have retained. This is an expert Shaw’s used on other jobs. We relayed this information to him with the pressures.
And he confirmed, as I felt, that the methane pressures that we’re seeing right now are a concern.
Folks, I can’t tell you enough you need to get your houses inspected by DEQ [Department of Environmental Quality]. I just can’t stress that enough.
Published: November 16th, 2012 at 8:42 am ET
- Expert: Unfortunately what we warned about appears to be happening — Methane from deep below giant sinkhole is now surfacing in community (VIDEO) May 3, 2013
- Officials admit crude oil and methane are coming from massive underground formation below sinkhole October 15, 2012
- Video: Huge methane bubble site found near giant Louisiana sinkhole — Within 100 ft. of Bayou Corne home May 8, 2013
- State: “Potential danger to human life” due to gas pressures in area of giant sinkhole — Emergency directive issued on weekend — Texas Brine fined $100,000 December 1, 2012
- Scientists Worried: Fears methane “could be continually fed” from below giant sinkhole — May be at least 8 sources of gas — Texas Brine: It’s “played out” May 6, 2013