September 25, 2012 Press Conference
Assumption Parish Police Jury President Marty Triche: [...] All of our suspicions and suspections have been confirmed. The Texas Brine cavern has failed and has…has… collapsed. Now to what extent that’s still being done [???]
It obviously was spin by Texas Brine to diffuse the situation because they had to acknowledge to the public that their cavern had failed.
The crisis that we see here today
Our fears and suspicions have been confirmed, the cavern failed.
Watch the full press conference here
Published: September 26th, 2012 at 6:30 pm ET
- CONFIRMED: Salt cavern below sinkhole has failed September 25, 2012
- Senate Hearing on Sinkhole: “The thing the committee needs to understand, the collapse is still ongoing… the cavern is still collapsing” (VIDEO) February 20, 2013
- Federal Lawsuit: Giant Sinkhole May Be Radioactive — Failed salt cavern “may have breached Napoleonville Dome’s outer wall” August 13, 2012
- Press Release: Floor is rising in salt cavern below giant sinkhole — Over 50 feet since late September October 31, 2012
- Paper: Giant propane cavern also in vacinity of sinkhole — Capacity over 3 million barrels when added to butane cavern — Officials: “A lot of dynamic things” happening nearby August 15, 2012