Published: June 15th, 2012 at 11:45 am ET

A source from Japan with a background in nuclear engineering writes:

SOURCE: kikilala-400

The Blogger (http://profile.ameba.jp/kikilala-400/) measured the black substance collected in Minami-Soma city with a NaI detector.

As the picture [Right] the substance has 5,950,471 Bq/kg (Cs-134 + Cs-137) cesium.

SOURCE: kikilala-400

It must be the highest value among any other measurement carried out in Minami-soma area.

It should be noted that the blogger has not any relationship with the city council member Mr. Ooyama, and that the black substance is completely different from Mr. Ooyama’s samples.

SOURCE: kikilala-400

* Related article:

In last May and April, black substance was blown off by a seasonal wind, but at the city hall nobody did not do nothing, neither distributing masks to children nor decontaminating around schools.

SOURCE: kikilala-400

Published: June 15th, 2012 at 11:45 am ET

1. Source: Over 500 microSv/h detected from black substance (PHOTO) April 27, 2012
  2. Massive amount of mystery black substance found on road in Minamisoma after several days of rain and snow — Emitting 50 microSv/hr (PHOTO) March 7, 2012
  3. Source: “Real” mystery black substance NOT yet measured — Possibly 20,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium — Many times more radioactive than local official’s sample — “It is too dangerous and must be analyzed by public institutions” (PHOTOS) April 29, 2012
  4. HCR: Mystery black radioactive powder detected outside school — Local official posts 3 videos of black substance (PHOTO & VIDEOS) February 24, 2012
  5. UPDATE: Original mystery black substance was never tested — Much more radioactive than official’s black dust — Detector shows 95,880 cpm — Up to 60,000 cpm in beta — New alpha info February 17, 2012

35 comments to Highest Yet? 6 million Bq/kg in black substance — 523 microSv/hr and 174,000 CPM — “Completely different from Mr. Ooyama’s samples” (PHOTOS)

• aSpadeisaSpade aSpadeisaSpade

It is very fitting that this substance is black. It is a wicked substance borne from unconscionable activities advocated and promulgated by evil men.

• hbjon hbjon

Is there anything worse than mindless racism to distract from the horrible issues we face today?

• aSpadeisaSpade aSpadeisaSpade

hbjon, is there anything worse than mindless assumptions about someone's intentions?

It took me a few seconds to try and figure out what you were implying, and having done so, I am quite offended by the innuendo in your post! The use of the word "black" in my post has absolutely no racial connotations, and for you to assume that id did, speaks loudly about your own mindless bigotry.

The color black has had connotations of evil since long before the Afro-Americans decided that they wanted to be called "black", and not "negro," and since long before America had been discovered. Hence such phrases as "the dark side."

The Christian tradition has long associated black (the word designating the lack of color) with evil. The logic goes (shortening it to mere bullets for brevity): God is light. The absence of light is evil. Black represents evil.

The literary tradition (at least in the romance languages), going back centuries has long associated black with evil, and it was in this tradition that I used the word, “black.” I truly take offense at your mindless assumptions, with no basis other than your own prejudices! I strongly denounce your slur, and also quite strongly denounce any attempt to misrepresent my intentions! (continued…)

• aSpadeisaSpade aSpadeisaSpade

The above having been said, now that I am calming down, I realize that there are some who would stoop to high-jacking a public forum to promote their own sick agendas, so in that realization, I submit that you were assuming me to be of that ilk. But should you make that assumption with no other evidence than your own biases (a bias that the word “black” can only refer to a race of people)?

• aSpadeisaSpade aSpadeisaSpade

One final thought (or maybe two).

Thought #1: Wikipedia defines "black magic":

Black magic has traditionally referred to the use of supernatural powers for evil and selfish purposes.

Thought #2: You might be old enough to remember that (back in the '60s, at least) black men were sometimes metaphorically referred to as "spades." This is a rather unfortunate connotation which might be attributed to my moniker. Mt screen-name was intended to reflect the well-known phrase, "call a spade a spade," meaning "speak the truth."

From Wikipedia:

"To 'call a spade a spade' is to speak honestly and directly about a topic, specifically topics that others may avoid speaking about due to their sensitivity or embarrassing nature."

• mikael

Some people cant handle the fact that some of us, just make comments, thats it. The reason for me is not personal, I dont earn a fu.. nicle from this. I have for a lifetime been intressed in Tecknology/History/Sience/Religion/A.s.o., in every way.
        I had a micrscope/telescope builded my self, a.s.o, read literaly tons of books.

Whats disturbing and downright sceary, is the denile of our present reality, a dangerous denile, based on perseption, the most dangerous sapect to mankind and thinking. Becuase we are creatures of perseption, we "belive" what we see.
        Right.
        And a 1000 isotops, is not visible at all, dust wil be dust, because the people dont see the Radioactive in it. Not before the damages are so blatant aparent, to even a blind man, wil the people wake up.
        Only then I am afraid, only then.

I get furious when Race, Color or Creed is involved, intentionaly or not, and even wurse is people MAKING asumptions, on single words.
        Fu….

It has just reasently dawned to me the scope of the coverup, it was blody sceary, that alone maked me speachless.
        Now I know the solutions to this wil be done way to late, and the horrors wil escalate.

I am more woried now than ever.

You may cal some of us, Trolls or what ever, I dont give a shitt, I cal it the Sledghammer aproach.

peace

• aSpadeisaSpade aSpadeisaSpade

"Becuase we are creatures of perseption, we "belive" what we see."

And conversely we find it hard to believe what we don't see. That's why the MSM is so powerful. They control what we are allowed to see or not to see.

Today, at lunch with a coworker, the subject of nuclear power came up. I asked him if he was aware that there is a very serious crisis ongoing at Fukishima, and he said, "What? The last I had heard, everything was under control there." This is typical, I think, of the state of awareness of the American public, and it is all because the MSM is controlling what gets disseminated.

• The Blue Light.

Yes a moniker can be a strange thing to hide behind. Everyone probably sees mine as a reference to cherenkov radiation but its just that they used to hang a blue light outside of police stations.

• fireguyjeff fireguyjeff

BL:
          The first time I saw your moniker I was impressed with the creativity (based on assumption) that yours was derived from Cherenkov Radiation.
          It just fit perfectly in to the present situation.

Thank you for the clarification.
          Not that it matters all that much, yet it is interesting what it was actually derived from.

• hbjon hbjon

And while you keep digging your own grave, I'll just say I believe the black substance to be an oxidation of metal. What metal? I can only speculate. I had earlier believed it was oxidized lithium. I now suspect it could be a compound of Uranium or a mixture of oxidized Uranium, Plutonium, Lithium, and other transurans. But, ashes from the burnt earth in a china syndrome may fall as radioactive black soot. This likelihood is set at 25%. I will reevaluate this as more information becomes available.

• GeoHarvey

We have photos, readings, many reports about this. From a scientific point of view, it is a very puzzling substance that seems to beg for investigation.

Nonetheless, mainstream media seems to ignore it altogether, and governments, which are supposed to protect their citizens, fail to act. Human beings can certainly be cold-hearted, but they are worse when they are tied to political or economic entities.

• falsetruth777

This is the most mind boggling issue IMO when it comes to this disaster. Why is there not the biggest team of the finest international scientists in history studying every aspect of what happened and what is continuing to happen. If nothing else this is the biggest waste of what maybe the only chance we have as a species to gather enough information to begin to understand what we will do when nuclear disasters start happening way more frequently as climate change takes control of these power plants out of our hands.

• cyc

So that's how reactor core looks like …

• Cesium is being accumulated in everything from rice to algae. Higher levels are being accumulated all alonng the 'food chain'.

The poisoning has just begun and there is no known technology to stop full blown meltdowns of nuclear reactors.

Many more are feeling the effects directly and indirectly by burning.

• Urban27

20 millisievert is the limit per year. This substance makes 4600 millisievert per year. (4,6 Sievert/year) That is 130 times the limit.
    Or in other words 0,525 millisievert per hour, means that after 38 hours the yearly max dose is received. (the max dose set for nuclear workers).

• pure water

People must provide themselves masks and spectacles! Please, do not wait someone to distribute them and give instructions. It is more than evident that power is tempting for the most irresponsible, vain, and greedy people – do not leave your health entirely in their hands. Demand respect for your human rights, but first of all give this respect to yurself with actual protective measures.

• This is a good time to review my easy to read radiation table, check it out and drop a comment.

Took several hours to make, and really believe there is nothing else out there that brings it home quite like this. I made this when I was sending my Geiger to a Japanese family so they could understand the basics. Also there is a Japanese translation at the bottom.

• The Blue Light.

One good reason to investigate this bacteria is the fact that it may be used to concentrate and remove radioactive material, good from bad I suppose.

• Sickputer

Fukushima Power Plant distance to Minami-Soma:

Distance as the Crow Flies: 15.870 miles.

Does that help us guess the origin of Black Death deposits?

Maybe…

• rockster

Algae adapting to eating radioactive particles. NEW Free source of energy!Eat just a little bit and it keeps you going…FOREVER!

It would be nice to know if they can get rid of it, but it probably just goes to make more bacteria or algae when they die.

• rockster

Hey, I have a RAD Alert Monitor 4. It does show high r/a count when I test it to a lantern mantle, but background is about 35cpm.
    I cannot duplicate the rain/rag method on Pissin' on the Roses site. Do you have to have that type he uses minimum? Or is there a way to get rad doses from rain with a Mon 4?