Speech for Japan: “We’ve got to act from our truth and our gut” — “There’s nothing to be afraid of except for our children and our future” (VIDEO)
Follow up to: AP: Thousands march against nuclear power in Japan -- "This must not be condoned by human beings, it is against ethics" -Kenzaburo Oe at Tokyo rally
Excerpt from Helen Caldicott’s speech at St. Paul’s University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on March 25-26, 2011:
- [...] We’ve got to stop being nice.
- We’ve got to get stuck into our passions.
- We’ve got to act from our truth and our gut.
- We’ve got to speak the truth and get out there [...]
- There’s nothing to be afraid of except for our children and our future, nothing to be afraid of [...]
Watch the full 25 minute speech here
- Kyoto-area Professor: “I can’t believe this is going on! This is a nightmare” — “I’m just afraid this has dealt a near-fatal blow to Japan” — “Japan has lost its future” (VIDEO) October 4, 2011
- Press Conference: “Japanese gov’t kills our children, still now” — “I am very worried and afraid” (VIDEO) May 24, 2012
- Gundersen: I’m afraid gov’t will try its very best to hide numbers coming from Fukushima — No death rate data for areas near meltdown… Why is that? (VIDEO) February 6, 2012
- Fukushima Worker Tweets: TEPCO told hospitalized chief to step down — “Yoshida is expected to talk about the truth when he finally becomes free” November 28, 2011
- TV: “In Fukushima, mothers with young children pray everyday for an escape” — Black cloud is concealing truth (VIDEO) March 5, 2013