Title: Public Briefing 2/6/13 – Part 13
Source: Assumption Parish Police Jury
Date Published: Feb. 7, 2013
Gary Hecox, geologist working on the issue for the State of Louisiana:
The last thing I’m going to talk about here is the cavern stability, that’s part of what we’ve got to look at.
We started off back in September everybody was mainly worried about the Oxy 3 cavern.
Because of a lot of things going on, we’ve expanded the scope; we’re now looking at all the caverns shown here.
We’re looking at Oxy 3 obviously, Oxy 1, 2, 9, 10; Crosstex 2 and 1. They’re all included in the analysis.
Published: February 10th, 2013 at 10:41 am ET
- Expert: “We’re actually starting to see fractures occurring in this disturbed zone at the surface” around giant Louisiana sinkhole (VIDEO) February 12, 2013
- Report: Unusual foam-like bubbles covering parts of giant Louisiana sinkhole (PHOTOS & VIDEO) May 8, 2013
- Japan Journalist: Plutonium escaped Fukushima reactors as gas, it was a colossal 9,000ºF inside — Can’t be detected with Geiger counter — Terrible things are looming for the children, they must be evacuated yet nothing’s done… This is a “criminal nation” — I’m worried (VIDEO) October 16, 2013
- New Extended Flyover of Giant Sinkhole: “We are finding that things actually look a bit worse” (VIDEOS & PHOTOS) January 26, 2013
- Scientists Worried: Fears methane “could be continually fed” from below giant sinkhole — May be at least 8 sources of gas — Texas Brine: It’s “played out” May 6, 2013