Published: November 9th, 2012 at 3:46 am ET

Interview with Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison
KFOL/KJUN
Host Marlin Folse
Nov. 5, 2012
h/t rainbeaudais

At 23:00 in

Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: When I say the future, this is something that could go on for many, many years.

That’s what we need an information to give to the people that are there, and to the local officials on accommodate the needs of protecting the public from it.

And also understanding what could potentially happen in the event that this thing goes any further than it has at this point.

See also: Top Official Warns: Sinkhole could go 'a lot' further, potential is substantial -- 'A lot' of information has yet to come out (VIDEO)

Published: November 9th, 2012 at 3:46 am ET

1. State Experts: We don’t know where the oil and gas is coming from below giant sinkhole — “That’s really something that we really need to understand” — Sample didn’t match Big Hum crude (VIDEO) December 19, 2012
  2. Feds keeping sinkhole info secret — State Rep: They’re doing detailed monitoring right now and just not telling us about it — US Gov’t hasn’t taken over yet because it’s about revenue (VIDEO) November 14, 2012
  3. Radio: New levee around giant sinkhole to eventually collapse? — Official: “It’s kind of frightening we don’t have a handle on this thing” (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
  4. Senate Hearing on Sinkhole: “The thing the committee needs to understand, the collapse is still ongoing… the cavern is still collapsing” (VIDEO) February 20, 2013
  5. State Expert: Crude oil and gas now coming up all over around giant sinkhole — Swamps bubbling back in the trees — Started a few days ago… it’s a good thing (VIDEO) October 26, 2012

40 comments to State Rep: Sinkhole disaster could go on for “many, many years” — We need to understand what may happen if this thing goes any further (VIDEO)

• Sol Man

We are in dire need of checking our modus operandi, whether it be for the reason of salt domes collapsing, NPP meltdowns,cancer-causing gmo crops planted in a majority of the farm fields, frack chemical aquifer breach, central bank market intrusions, we have the ability to create insurmountable problems that will cause irreparable harm to our communities, our families, where we are all at risk of harm or death. We must err on the side of caution which we fail to do time and again. It must not be the corporate mandate for ever increasing profits that must be seen as paramount, but taking care of our families and close friends in order to insure our survivability into the future.

• We are seeing the results of looking through the eyes of the 'extractor'.
    These people see profits and money instead of human beings .
    Profits before basic needs .

The flow of information must not be hindered .
    The people affected must have everything presented immediately .
    The corporations involved must be held accountable and responsible for this ongoing disaster . Lives are at stake .

• gladys a milyon gladys a milyon

Call me.crazy. but I don't see how profits come into play. They are just killing ppl and thrbworld for fun at this point. Death before.profits.

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

Just like taxfraud is just a innocent game of hide and seek for welthy adults ? Just like they do with the money they safe from butching safety rules and regulations (and elections) to spend on bribing/lobbying against regulations. Nothing to do with selfissch motives . Neither the bonusses they give
        themself…And it is "impossible" to know in advance eventual consequences for "population" so no ill meanings there too, ? Despite all the
        rioting/protesting against their behaviour and methods truout their lifespans , all the big industry's death and destruction modus operandi ..Its
        just…accidents ?
        But its easier for you to think all this is coming from random sadisme ?

Sorry gladys , i think your crazy :(

The "we" comes in to play from passively flourisching in a culture that creates this kind off mindset to evolve in to the "sickness" that given
        destructif power "like a npp, or wall street" WILL evolve in to disaster , and despite understanding that it aint supposed to happen that children get cancer , lacking the will to see true and Force the regulations down their comfortzone . I would use militair force to do this and confiscate every papertrail/email that proves how their selfissch/narcistic/psychopatic dissorder is murdering us , let out the medical/recreative cannabis users from jail to make room for the real criminals.
        Then FIX the machine we call culture .

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

"We" is humanity and "We" are doing this , driven by selfissch motives allows us to be blind . Programmed/brainwasched or not , we are the

som of a lifetime of choiches based on what we want and what we understand . Both as an individual and as a collectif organisme.
          Yeah , i know, this one is a sour one , but its that or dying guilty of genocide . Everyone of us !
          Peace

• Maggie123

Hi DID, I posted a reply to Sol Man above on this. Am now realizing it's one of our "best shift to off-topic" themes! It could 'grow' as a discussion point! I've posted a quick note to the theme of responsibility of "we" at off topic and linked it to back here, should any and more want to build on this. I think it's a GREAT topic! :)

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

Thank you Maggie , i have to go for the weekend , but i will check it out and see if i have something to ad .
              Its good to have you around , every one of your post makes me see the aggression in mine lol .
              I'm learning , i swear…;)

• Radio VicFromOregon

DID, yes it is a sour one! I'd go a little further and say that it IS "we". If i buy electricity that was made from nuclear power generation, then i am part of "we". If i buy food made by Monsanto, then i am part of Monsanto. We don't get to be absolved of our responsibility that as consumers, voters, what have you, we have supplied the money to make this mess. For all that folks claim to be powerless here, "we" can change it by no longer agreeing to it, and that is sour, indeed, cuz that means making alternative choices that are not always cheap, easy, or pragmatic. Even this "damn sinkhole" as i call it. It was MY responsibility to find out where oil comes from, where it is stored, what the company i buy it from is doing all before i bought it. And, even if i can't find out everything i think i need to know to make an informed consumer decision, then i tried. And, if i stopped nefarious activities by that company and i still want their product, then i had better offset it with some good somewhere else, maybe in an area that i have more influence, like paying $40 a year to offset the carbon fumes from my car by insuring 3 trees don't get chopped down somewhere. Texas Brine is responsible but so am i. I made Texas Brine possible by giving them my money.

• 16Penny 16Penny

Vic, you are close with that. The frustration I am feeling is that I am not a nuclear scientist, so I pay taxes in order for the government to hire qualified people to regulate the industry. I elect officials to regulate land use, monitor the environment, audit the financials of companies etc. We (in america) pay their salaries, provide them an official vehicle, health insurance (I think you get the point).

Part of the societal step of moving from small communities to very very large communities is having specialized people to perform certain tasks for the group as a whole. Our recent politicians have done their best to convince the populous that we are protected from everything under the sun by them and that we are not capable of making many of our own decisions.

I agree that we as consumers are funding this, but you must see how many of these companies are doing backroom deals that the general public cannot be reasonably expected to know about. Many "citizens" (voters anyway) lack basic education. Are you and I responsible for their decisions as well? Am I supposed to know what cereals have GMO ingredients when the producer may not even be aware because his supplier did not disclose it? Am I supposed to tell my children that they need to care for themselves so I can go inspect a leak at a NPP?

I do like some of what you said I just think some of it is impractical. Please, this is not an attack, just an attempt at constructive criticism.

Peace

• 600 Feet wide,440 feet deep, extending down to 7000 feet …
    Listening to the video and trying to get a grasp of how large the current boundary dated October 4.
    Yes, I agree . This is going to get worse . A lot worse .

• WindorSolarPlease

I don't see how this could end well, and I would like to know what is the worst that can happen. I would assume you would have to know what was all dumped, how much, and if the gulf disaster is playing a part in this. I feel like we are all guessing at this point with little factual information.

• sentinelle sentinelle

It would be awesome to be able to see the graphics up close and a legend. Anyone know what the yellow layer represents? It appears to be seeping out the bottom to the left?

What were the details of the kinked pipeline that could have blown out a 5 mile radius? Was that the butane? Thx!

• crystalwind crystalwind

Great video. 14:14–If this kind of disclosure becomes usual it would put a lot of pressure on the practice of approving unsafe technologies. That in turn would direct energy onto researching safe technologies. I do not say "alternative" technologies. There should be no "alternative". The choice (in my Utopia) needs to be "safe" and "safe only". Stop messing with Nature. It's bigger than Man. Man is only a tiny part of it although his ego says he is most of it. Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy Law) teaches us to make as small a ripple in the system as we can, because the results of our actions upon nature will always return more problems than the initial situation presented.

• Maggie123

Crystalwind – Good video, agreed – with Cataclysmic on journalism also! Sparks some thoughts, am shifting to Off-topic page as I see within the video a cultural wide entanglement with income security and mortgages as very significant forces that could discourage greater honesty along the way to present Sinkhole situation.

• Cataclysmic Cataclysmic

I thought real journalism was dead, and politicians who cared, few and far between. I am proven wrong by these two men. Truth, and accurate reporting, good questions, and some answers.

The meeting on the 25th will provide dna of the liquid that is seeping into the cavern. This will allow them to know for sure, where the liquid is coming from and what it is.

• Cataclysmic Cataclysmic

reposting here as this thinking deserves a bit of enenews examination, and it has scrolled off of the current comments.

Speaking of the deep water horizon, sinkholes, and Japan Earthquakes, here is a video from a year ago, and he talks about the geology of Japan and what is happening, and the macondo well debacle and the fracture of the salt dome, called for folks to get out of that area.

Now, he also weaves a few conspiracy theories in there, which I take with a grain of salt, if you will, but his geology, pictures, and maps, are indeed worth the watch.. I forgot he ever talked about the salt dome and the drilling, I might have even thought he was a bit looney toons, but the diagrams/pics are worth checking out as it sure seems to explain some bubbling in the bayou..

I was searching for his explanation of the earthquakes in Japan for Richard, and decided to give it another watch. Glad I did because it surely connects the dots, and remember, you don't have to believe 100% of what he, or anyone says, that does not mean that some of what he says isn't true.

• dosdos dosdos

You know you're in trouble if the words "if", "could", "should", "might", "in the event", or others like them appear in a news release.

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

Does anyone on here know how to get in touch with the idahopicker? I have some important info regarding the sinkhole.