Interview with Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison
Host Marlin Folse
Nov. 5, 2012
At 23:00 in
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: When I say the future, this is something that could go on for many, many years.
That’s what we need an information to give to the people that are there, and to the local officials on accommodate the needs of protecting the public from it.
And also understanding what could potentially happen in the event that this thing goes any further than it has at this point.
See also: Top Official Warns: Sinkhole could go 'a lot' further, potential is substantial -- 'A lot' of information has yet to come out (VIDEO)
Published: November 9th, 2012 at 3:46 am ET
- Feds keeping sinkhole info secret — State Rep: They’re doing detailed monitoring right now and just not telling us about it — US Gov’t hasn’t taken over yet because it’s about revenue (VIDEO) November 14, 2012
- Radio: New levee around giant sinkhole to eventually collapse? — Official: “It’s kind of frightening we don’t have a handle on this thing” (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- State Experts: We don’t know where the oil and gas is coming from below giant sinkhole — “That’s really something that we really need to understand” — Sample didn’t match Big Hum crude (VIDEO) December 19, 2012
- Top Official Warns: Sinkhole could go ‘a lot’ further, potential is substantial — ‘A lot’ of information has yet to come out (VIDEO) November 8, 2012
- Senate Hearing on Sinkhole: “The thing the committee needs to understand, the collapse is still ongoing… the cavern is still collapsing” (VIDEO) February 20, 2013