Title: Strong quake jolts northeastern Chiba Pref.
Date: 19:46 29 April
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 jolted Chiba Prefecture and its vicinity Sunday evening, measuring lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 near its epicenter in the northeastern part of the prefecture east of Tokyo, the weather agency said.
Published: April 29th, 2012 at 12:25 pm ET
- Dozen M4 quakes and above hit Eastern Japan since Thursday — Four at intensity 4 of 7 on JMA scale November 24, 2012
- 4 quakes M4.0 and higher hit Japan in last 4 hours — Chiba, Miyagi, Iwate February 27, 2012
- AP: Strong M6 quake hits Northeast Japan — Rated Upper 5 intensity on scale up to 7 — Tepco says no reports of problems at Fukushima Daiichi (MAP) August 4, 2013
- UPI: Quake rocks northeast Japan — Intensity 5- out of 7 on seismic scale — Mainichi: M5.4 quake jolts eastern Japan — Near Fukushima border, buildings rocked in Tokyo (MAP) December 30, 2013
- Strong quake shakes Northeastern Japan: Intensity rated at 5- on scale of 7 — Felt along entire coastline — Fukushima webcam footage (VIDEO & MAP) October 25, 2012