Strong quakes hit across eastern Japan — M5.8 in Chiba was 5- of 7 on intensity scale — M5.6 in Iwate within last hour (MAPS)
Title: Strong quake jolts northeastern Chiba Pref.
Date: 19:46 29 April
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 jolted Chiba Prefecture and its vicinity Sunday evening, measuring lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 near its epicenter in the northeastern part of the prefecture east of Tokyo, the weather agency said.
- Dozen M4 quakes and above hit Eastern Japan since Thursday — Four at intensity 4 of 7 on JMA scale November 24, 2012
- 4 quakes M4.0 and higher hit Japan in last 4 hours — Chiba, Miyagi, Iwate February 27, 2012
- M6.3 quake hits off Chiba, M4.2 near Fukushima Daiichi an hour later June 5, 2012
- UPI: Quake rocks northeast Japan — Intensity 5- out of 7 on seismic scale — Mainichi: M5.4 quake jolts eastern Japan — Near Fukushima border, buildings rocked in Tokyo (MAP) December 30, 2013
- Strong quake shakes Northeastern Japan: Intensity rated at 5- on scale of 7 — Felt along entire coastline — Fukushima webcam footage (VIDEO & MAP) October 25, 2012