Published: April 29th, 2012 at 12:25 pm ET

Title: Strong quake jolts northeastern Chiba Pref.
Source: Kyodo
Date: 19:46 29 April

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 jolted Chiba Prefecture and its vicinity Sunday evening, measuring lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 near its epicenter in the northeastern part of the prefecture east of Tokyo, the weather agency said.

Published: April 29th, 2012 at 12:25 pm ET

1. Dozen M4 quakes and above hit Eastern Japan since Thursday — Four at intensity 4 of 7 on JMA scale November 24, 2012
  2. 4 quakes M4.0 and higher hit Japan in last 4 hours — Chiba, Miyagi, Iwate February 27, 2012
  3. M6.3 quake hits off Chiba, M4.2 near Fukushima Daiichi an hour later June 5, 2012
  4. Strong quake shakes Northeastern Japan: Intensity rated at 5- on scale of 7 — Felt along entire coastline — Fukushima webcam footage (VIDEO & MAP) October 25, 2012
  5. UPI: Quake rocks northeast Japan — Intensity 5- out of 7 on seismic scale — Mainichi: M5.4 quake jolts eastern Japan — Near Fukushima border, buildings rocked in Tokyo (MAP) December 30, 2013

38 comments to Strong quakes hit across eastern Japan — M5.8 in Chiba was 5- of 7 on intensity scale — M5.6 in Iwate within last hour (MAPS)

• wfs wfs

with each rumble the world moves closer and closer to a point of no return… I check ENENEWS every few hours everyday.. A father of two and another one on the way. Asking weird questions at grocery stores like, Do you have any apples from the south eastern United States, Is your Seaweed North Atlantic? I tell my kids No Butter on their schools muffins. They say ok. My wife asks me if its really "that bad" doubting my resolve because the news blackout has her convinced I am a little on the conspiracy end. She is a foodie blogger and nutritionist but has never mentioned Fukushima. I dont think she can really handle it. I kind of understand. In a way one parent being this concerned is enough.but has never She doesnt bring home the products that I take and throw away like California grown Almonds and every other vegetable. I found bananas from Peru and was ecstatic. So back to the kids. The loves. I tell them stay out of the rain and out of the dust.. I tell them dont be kids as they dance around the yard I smile.. wistfully thinking. If the pool falls where are we going. Where in the world am I taking my children to escape this calamity. This crime against the planet. Where would I live without a Lie?

• Whoopie Whoopie

What heartwarming story wfs. I'd just say there is nothing about this that's a conspiracy. I'm proud of your determination to keep your kids safe. I have an online friend who has it in mind to move to Costa Rica if things get much worse. Very intelligent, alot of schooling and experience in the medical end of it. Not sure when but that's where he says he'd go. Not trying to scare you, just thought you'd be interested. Me? Hub and I r on fixed income. We have to stay put.

• Hi wfs, all. This topic was just addressed briefly on the general discussion forum, which may be of interest to you..yes, our children. This conversation needs to be addressed now and forever now. Please read and tell us (everyone) about your at home solutions and how this is going for you

• Buffalojam

"My wife asks me if it's really that bad doubting my resolve because the news blackout has her convinced that I am a little on the conspiracy end".

wfs – My wife, kids, grandchildren, and just about everyone I speak to about Fukushima feels the same way about me. In response I simply ask them why is it so difficult to believe that groups of incredibly powerful people have planned, for their own enrichment and self-protection, a very dangerous energy system which wouldn't ordinarily be accepted by the majority of people if the truths about it were known. Is it so difficult to believe that with the riches they have obtained they have gained control of our political system and media in furtherance of this conspiracy. I have explained to my wife that, in order for me to protect her as best as I can I have to understand the nature and power of my opposition. At the risk of being what the mainstream media commonly likes to refer to as a conspiracy "nut", I think we should follow the truth wherever it takes us, without shame, in order to do what's best.

Regarding the last sentence of your thought provoking post I would suggest that there are very few places to go without a lie but, as long as you recognize it for what it is you have won at least half the battle.

• entropy

I have similar responses. I stick to the facts too. Dangerous man made radiation. Big accident. No clue or tech to fix it. Still I get a smile like nurse ratchet on one flew over the cookbooks nest. The problem is it is easy to roll your eyes and scoff at Lindsey Lohan or watch a high speed chase because it will not effect your daily routine. Tv has taught us to look for resolution at the end of every conflict. So I just love em more and do nice stuff. It ain't gonna be like this for too much longer. Things will escalate and these people will ask for help. That's when to discuss the tyrants and beggers. And help them. We are lost children in the woods at the end of our civilization. Ah well. I want them to find my fossil in a dancing position rather than kneeling.

• Dogleg Dogleg

When I read this post it was as if I had written it, other than having one on the way. I know exactly how you feel wfs. We must remain strong and push on. It seems people are starting to realise we might be right

• NoNukes NoNukes

Our eight year old came home from school the other day and said, "The principal told us to play outside in the rain at recess. Can you believe that? Like she has never even heard of Fukushima!"

I hope to get my family to the Southern Hemisphere, even though I believe that it may be futile, as I am one of the few who finds it difficult to believe that SFP4 still exists after reading the NRC transcripts.

• "People who have a possible internal and/or external radiation exposure should take anti-oxidative supplements to maintain optimal oxidative reserve on their own body." JCIT recommendation

• charlie3

hi, wfs. I assure you that the rest of us here are living the same way, with the same concerns.

• norbu norbu

Help us Obi Wan Kenobi your are only hope. May the force be with you all.

• norbu norbu

Yes I do. No fear just, sadness for all beings, just got back from seeing elephant seals on the coast, may never see them again.

• BreadAndButter BreadAndButter

I never saw elephant seals….I know what you mean, though, I get sad to a point where I look at a beautiful landscape, or animals, or children – and I realize very painfully what a paradise we could all be living in.

If only the suckers wouldn't go and destroy it all.

• norbu norbu

The elephant seals are funny and kind, like us. Yes its painful bring's tears to my eyes.

• wfs wfs

Just want to share that all these posts help me feel less alone. I know you all exists but just reading through today this Sunday helps me cope a little better. So much stress and suffering.. The sun is shining brightly through the window on this spring day. Its beautiful on the surface of it all. Thats the hardest part. The invisibility of the particles. The long distance health effects, prevention now for kids so that twenty years from now they arent coming down with leukemia or cancer or some such horrible disease. So much hidden its hard to know. Maybe Pittsburgh's unprecedented rainfall this year has caused my area to actually be more radioactive than places I am turning away food from such as central and southern California. Looking at rainfall and such Pittsburgh is looking a bit dire but there is such a dearth of research locally. Its as if I live with a second voice always. The voice of reason about Fukushima that trumps whether food is organic or not, whether its fun or not ( no soccer this year / focus on skateboarding for boy and aerial ropes for girl ) whether its reasonable or not to spend all kinds of cash for a hepa quality whole house heating and cooling system. ( I know its hot but no you cannot open the windows today too windy particles everywhere) They think I am crazy and its their burden. I am the reality bummer. Dont take me to a party and expect me to pretend. Uncomfortable moments open up like the grand canyon over a casual inquiry as to how I am.

• enoughalready45 enoughalready45

wfs,

I feel the same as you do.

Recently I seriously started to talk to my spouse about the big "what if" of spent fuel pool 4 and the other potential problems. My spouse will not go to South America. That is why I am starting to look into hydroponic gardening, just don't know what else to do.

As much as I want the general population to understand what is going on I don't look forward to dealing with society as it evolves (maybe I should say devolves) and becomes accustomed to a "new normal".

Now I'm just trying to compartmentalize this into what can I rationally do to protect my family and enjoying the day to day. The future seems to be spliting into two potential pathways and I have to prepare for both. It sucks.

• norbu norbu

I know how to hydro garden if you need tips. have 15 years of it under my belt. 2 large green houses in operation.

• NoNukes NoNukes

What welcome news, norbu! We should all be starting to do the same, greenhouses and hydroponics. Would you want to start us off with some tips? Maybe we could store them in the Methods for combating radiation thread.

• enoughalready45 enoughalready45

Norbu & NoNukes,

Great to see others interested in same topic, hydroponics & greenhouses. I agree that the thread "methods for combating radiation thread would be a good place to gather and discuss ideas. I will start posting there and inviting others to do the same.

See you there…

• VanneV anne

Earthquakes (6 – USGS) 29 April 19:28 JST to 30 April 09:20 JST

MAP: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/140_35.php

4.6 2012/04/30 00:20:37 37.184 141.279 34.9 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/145_40.php

4.5 2012/04/29 17:28:46 40.069 143.499 37.3 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/145_25.php

4.9 2012/04/29 15:45:08 25.518 142.611 41.7 VOLCANO ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION
    5.8 2012/04/29 15:02:18 39.729 142.074 10.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
    4.6 2012/04/29 12:16:55 36.897 141.030 61.7 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
    5.8 2012/04/29 10:28:51 35.601 140.483 39.9 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

• Fairieswearboots Fairieswearboots

Hi wfs and everyone else, I'm so happy to have found you all, I have felt so alone not being able to talk to family or friend's about what's going on, I'm sure they think I'm losing what little sanity I have left. It sure is a relief to find like minded folk's.

• wfs wfs

Speaking of pronuke kicking. This new book, "Before The Lights Go Out." promoting smaller localized nukes as the future along with coal gas solar etc. I gave it one star. The author is touting herself as smart and witty a boing-boing blogger. Well intentioned and smart but putting out the wrong message. People need to know in public forums that nukes are not the answer. Here is the link to the book on Amazon where I reviewed it. Of course the responses are standard but engaging at least.

• StillJill StillJill

Love your name, 'fairieswearboots'!

Yes, WELCOME! "what sanity I have left"! :-) Now, that's a good one!

You're gonna fit RIGHT in,…I can tell!

And yes,…like B&B said,…welcome to the liferaft, friend! :-)

• Fairieswearboots Fairieswearboots

Thank You Jill, you have no idea how much all of the kind word's mean to me.
      Thank You all from the bottom of my heart!
      I am in dire need of a liferaft, not only am I suffering in silence within my small circle of family and few friend's, I live in Alaska, under a sky full of seemingly dormant clouds, which is very strange to say the least.
      And the cherry on the icing is that we have the radioactive waste from Japan washing up on the shores and no doubt raining and snowing down upon us, hence the reason I feel like I am drowning in a tsunami of stress. God help us all..

• StillJill StillJill

Oh CRAP Fairieswearboots! Alaska? Boy, do we NEED you! We need eyes and ears up there my friend,…..but it feels like a 'ginnea pig's mission'!

Well,….Cali's not much better AT ALL, especially since I seem to be at ground zero,…other than LA.

So,…..you and I,…and many others here,….are actually guppies in a blender. TPTB control the 'On/off' switch too.

Good thing 'we' have a BIG God! (He doesn't let douche bags operate 'our blender'!) (But don't tell THEM that, K?)
        Let's just laugh as they try! :-)

Meanwhile,….breathe,…again,…deeper this time. Remind yourself that 'He' gets EVERYONE out with their souls intact! :-)

• Roger123

I was just reading a blog from Accuweather about the upcoming super moon om May 6th. The blogger seems to think that a major quake will occur in the Australia / New Zealand area. The Fuku quake occurred just a few days prior to a super moon. I wonder if this will be the catalyst for a major quake around Tokyo.