Published: June 29th, 2014 at 2:57 am ET

P. Bossew, German Federal Office for Radiation Protection, PLUTONIUM EMISSION FROM THE FUKUSHIMA ACCIDENT (pdf), 2013 (emphasis added): [...] Apparently no explosive fuel fragmentation occurred, so that little, if any of the release happened in the form of fuel fragments. […] Only scattered data are available from the farther surroundings. It can be assumed that continuous and frequent monitoring of environmental media for Pu from locations more distant than a few km was deemed unnecessary […] Given two different sources (global and Fukushima fallout) with different, but known 238Pu : 239+240Pu ratios, the contributions of the both in a sample which is a mixture of both can be calculated […] we estimated a median 2.28 (95% conf. interval 1.98 –2.58), [15] and 2.19 ± 0.48 (1 ), [14], for Fukushima emissions. […] The background Pu ratio in global fallout has been reported 0.035 ± 0.008 […] a map of the 238Pu : 239+240Pu ratio in the region around the NPP […] The “trace” towards NW from the NPP, in which the Pu ratio deviates strongly from the background […] This proves that indeed Pu has been emitted by the accident […] For 238Pu, the Fukushima contribution is much higher than the global one in many places (as detectable at all) because the Pu ratio is much higher in Fukushima (~2.19) than in global fallout (~0.035). […] Keeping with [the total 137Cs release of] 15 PBq given by NISA […] we find an atmospheric emission of 239+240Pu equal 4.2 GBq. Using the upper estimate of released 137Cs, 50 PBq, a release of 14 GBq is found. [NISA 239+240Pu estimate = 6.4 GBq; Zheng et al. 239+240Pu estimate = 1.0 to 2.4 GBq] […] It should be stressed that the evidence of Pu from Fukushima does not pose any radiological concern [...]

P. Bossew, German Federal Office for Radiation Protection, Hirosaki University, Anthropogenic Radionuclides in Environmental Samples from Fukushima Prefecture (pdf), 2013: Three samples [all taken approx. 60 km from FDNPP, 1 from a parking area in Koriyama city and 2 from a playground in Fukushima city] were measured twice [...] Sample 4 was too small for a meaningful analysis. […] The result found in this study is consistent with a Pu/ Cs ratio reported by Imanaka et al. (2012) for a highly contaminated place in the Fukushima zone as below 1 E-6 [...] Zheng et al. 2011 found 239+240 Pu/137Cs in soil, close to the NPP, as (3.6 ± 1.1) E-7 (only samples with 241Pu>0 considered, and Fukushima contribution 87% to the sample J-village, surface soil , as suggested by the authors), which is in good agreement with the results of this study.

See also: Scientists: Plutonium released from Fukushima "is of radiological concern"; Reactor must be source, not spent fuel pool -- Study: Plutonium found 120 km from plant; "Pu and non-natural uranium certainly increased in environment"

Published: June 29th, 2014 at 2:57 am ET

1. New Studies on Mystery ‘Black Substances’ Released: Fuel core materials from Fukushima plant detected — Plutonium, Uranium-236, Curium discharged into environment likely in form of fine particles (PHOTO) March 7, 2014
  2. Study: High plutonium-241 activity detected over 30 kilometers from Fukushima plant — Additional research suggests “long-distance transport” of plutonium October 8, 2013
  3. Scientists: Plutonium released from Fukushima “is of radiological concern”; Reactor must be source, not spent fuel pool — Study: Plutonium found 120 km from plant; “Pu and non-natural uranium certainly increased in environment” April 21, 2014
  4. Just-Published Study: Plutonium being found away from Fukushima is from nuclear fuel fragments blown out after explosions March 9, 2012
  5. VIDEO: Fukushima corium found in Pacific — Flowing into ocean after hydrogen dissolves nuclear fuel — Scientist: We’ve actually seen plutonium floating on surface; “We have no control over this accident… they’ve got leaks everywhere” January 2, 2015

246 comments to Study: Fukushima plutonium in playground 60 km from nuclear plant — “Proves that indeed Plutonium has been emitted by the accident” — Some “in the form of fuel fragments”? — Up to 14 Billion Bq of Pu-239 and-240 released (MAP)

• Ontological Ontological

I see the yellow inclusion in the sun rise/set. Peachy pinks are Cesium. Yellow is Uranium. About time this information was released. I have awaited this admission, it lets me know that my suspicions about the yellow in the sky near the sun at certain times, were true. It may be a bit of Sulfur35 also.

• Ontological Ontological

With all the PU dust in the air, there has been a weird red ring around the moon on many nights here out in the clear Mojave desert air. PU makes some gemstones scatter to the red. Another way to see the damage perhaps?

• :) Keep going Onto…I'm also trying to figure out what specific isotope shows as which color in the sky. This may be the only easy way we can yank sleepy people into a reality check via looking at their own sky displays.

• Ontological Ontological

I think that we have Cesium as pink/peach. Uranium as yellow, and perhaps as PU does make some chemical crystalline materials red, the red might me PU. There is a horrible chartreuse color sometimes also, am still wondering what that may be. There are 2 ways to observe this phenomenon. One is when the Sun is high overhead, any pink is Cesium. When the Sun is low on the horizon, things get a bit tricky. I saw a video on youtube of a thunderhead with the low sun on it, and they were claiming that is Cesium. Well I won't deny that perhaps there may be Cesium in the cloud but with a red Sun on it the appearance will be pink. The eye once it is trained for the damage will see it in almost any conditions. After trial and error one will find the pinks at noon and yellows in the rise set times. Two is a way to use lens flares, and prism spectra as a way to find Cesium inclusion in the air. When the 7 colors of the rainbow in a bent light spectra are washed out by orange/pink, then there is a certain degree of inclusion overhead. If the spectra/lens flare is all pink then you have a lot of material in the air.

I watched an old Nature the other night,for the flares and Sun shots. There was a small amount of Chernobyl damage but it was nothing compared to todays damage. This is one damn good way to know how bad it is getting today. Some of the new shows have filmed a lot of damage! Compare the lens flaring and high Sun angle pink sky in the sky now as to an older show from long ago.

• I know, it really stands out the more of them you see. I was wondering if you’d decided on a photo/image storage site yet for your pictures? If anybody reading this (who is on a very slow speed like me has a suggestion?) Any found that has the most simple layout, without all the extra bells and whistles to make page load more difficult…would be great to know about. I’ll try to put a few of mine up.

• just breathe just breathe

Is there any way to see these colors in rainbows after a shower,as the sun pops out?
            Although there aren't many showers here in the SoCal area, the last one brought two rainbows,
            a double. The color range seemed to expand beyond my awareness. And they were glorious.
            It almost … took my breath away! ;)

• Ontological Ontological

Here is what you are explaining in image video from Atlanta. The same effect. Cesium washes out the 7 colors of the rainbow from scattering of the white light by the Cesium inclusion, and adds pink/peach to the rainbow spectra. You can see this wash out in a lens flare also, as normally they are 7 colors and bright, to orange/pink blobs and little other color. I have a fantastic journal called Chronicles of Doom, and am working on getting this stuff posted in HTML. Mainly financial issues and INTEL I-3 madness in the way of progress. I used AOL hell for anonymous FTP in the past. I had a 60 meg website full of Planetary anomalies and unusual astronomical image data, and today am basically clueless, the new tools we got tell me there is a driver not installed when launched. No one I bought these programs from seems to be interested in helping an old man get his moneys worth from his Web Tool purchases.

• J.

I'm afraid many persons are oblivious and cannot see what they will not see. The 'chem-trail' phenomenon — whatever it is that comes out of those jets — is obvious when it's going on. I've photographed it, and the distinctive odd, oily ring the chemicals make when passing over the sun. But when one points this out to people, most look, shrug, say oh, yeah, and forget all about it a few seconds later. Many are lost in their own minds.

There's a fascinating YouTube video that shows some people playing with a ball. I don't recall the title. If you haven't seen, please do. It's almost incredible how blind all of us can be to reality, and how unreliable our own perceptions can be. Something happens in the video — no spoiler here — that most folks don't see.

• Runningonlove Runningonlove

Ontological, I noticed a new phenomenon last night as I was looking at the starry sky. I've been an amateur astronomer for 20 years,
        and had never seen Antares flash such a brilliant, blood red.
        I know that it IS a RED giant type star in Scorpio, and I know about
        atmospheric scintillation, but this was a whole new level of crimson
        from starlight, dipping much farther into the red frequencies than previously observed. The sky looked clear, and I am out in the country, with good darkness. Any thoughts, or similar observations?

• We Not They Finally

Sorry to intercede on the top of the thread, but an article on this website just a half hour back about people "piping mad" in Tokyo and being stopped from storming the Prime Minister's Office by riot police, just got SCRUBBED from Enenews!!

Can barely contain my own anger so I cannot even imagine how they must feel over there. Well, at least we know that fascism is alive and well here too.

• bluetick

have you seen this map

on top of radiation we chicky v now spreading like wildfire….

• name999 name999

no kidding ontological, this is real. Very awful to acknowledge, even to me and I know this is really happening.

• Ontological Ontological

Test this is only a test. There is a start for a Cesium damage image site on photobucket. If anyone can get through to the password it is pinksky all one word. Good luck, it may not work with some browsers.

• Proton

Course you got some plutonium there… We ALL got some of that now

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

Calling on experts to clarify this plutonium estimation!

isnt this figure of 14 Billion Bq of Pu-239 and-240 too low? How much plutonium does it represent? Like a gram or something?

They base it on a release of 15 to 50 peta-Bq cesium…but;

up to 8.6e17 Cs137 was released 860,000,000,000,000,000 Bq

Based on their estimation ratio, would that be 240 GBq?

Then you have this;

Report: 76 trillion becquerels of Plutonium-239 released from Fukushima

• OldFool

Yes, Code, the point you are making is very important. They are apparently estimating the amount of plutonium released as a fraction of the estimated cesium 137 released. But they are assuming an extremely underestimated amount of cesium 137 for their release estimate. So their estimate for plutonium is incorrect by a massive number. The true bottom line is – there is truly plutonium dust blowing in the wind in places that should have been completely and permanently evacuated.

• StPaulScout StPaulScout

CodeShutDown – It seems to me ALL of the PLUTONIUM in reactors 1 thru 4 either burned and turned into a vapor and soot, melted into the ground, exploded in billions of little bits, or was and is being leached into the Oceans. ALL of those reactor cores are ex-containment, all containment. So lets see, each reactor contained about 100 metric tons of hell on earth. I think I read about 10 or 11 percent was MOX. So, 40 to 44 metric tons of MOX. That's a lot of it….. And any other reactors in Japan that melted down.

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

Strange that nobody from the science community doesnt say papers like this headline are a gross underestimate. A criminal underestimate

Estimated Pu-238 thru 241‡ 3·e17 Bq

The three melted reactors combined in Fukushima Daichi contained 257 tons of nuclear fuel enriched to 3.7% Uranium 235

Reactor No. 3 also housed 32 MOX assemblies, reportedly enriched to 6% or 330 kg of Pu239.

In addition, the storage pools of these reactors have at least 239 tonnes of fuel

600 grams plutonium can overdose six billion civilians

Some science person should make a proper plutonium release estimate…where are they?

• We Not They Finally

There is a GREAT article on agreenroad about plutonium dispersement around the world, by Paolo Scampa. Since such tiny micro-particles can kill people, apparently it's appalling however you cut it.

• We Not They Finally

VERY IMPORTANT!!: Just a half hour or so back, we saw an ENENews article on rioting in Tokyo with furious people in the streets and riot police preventing them from storming the Prime Minister's Office. Then ten minutes later, the article was scrubbed!!

Now we're the ones who are furious. Fascism is obviously not confined to Japan. Everyone take note!! The article about violent demonstrations in Tokyo just got scrubbed from enenews!!

• Ki11more Ki11more

I'm no longer working….there really appears to be no point any longer…
    I'm just going to enjoy what time I have left….and spend it with my kids.
    I'm spotting that almost all food stores I've been in on the south coast of the United Kingdom have canned pacific tuna and mackerel and others are all being cleared on 'offer' up to half price…. Seems to me (with I proof ) that the irradiated food is being spread around the globe….I'm living on an almost vegetarian diet….
    My partner just point blank refuses to accept that the canned fish is highly suspect and continues to feed this shit to my kids…..we have so many arguements as she seems to think that the governments of the world would never sell food laced with deadly toxins….how can I show her she is wrong….
    I'm so angry over this….want to grab her and shake her awake.
    But that won't work…. Any help would really be appreciated….

• Geneva Snow Geneva Snow

Plutonium "discovered" in Japan!? Really. :(

Not a problem. "It's under control!" (Hahahahahahaha!)

• We Not They Finally

We very recently met a woman with close friends in Japan (she herself is American). She seemed to have absolute faith that since they were there n the scene, they knew everything that was happening and they were sure that it was under control.

Interesting that the backdrop of their (flawed) reasoning was that well, Japan got through Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we'll get through this too. When we tried to explain that this was WAY worse, plus ONGOING and ESCALATING, the resistance came. But she wound up tearful, so it got to her. At which point we said that we honor that the Japanese want to keep their culture, their society together, but that social issues and medical issues can be completely different. We think (/hope) that something got through.

• Ki11more Ki11more

Amazing that I posted a comment on here that suddenly disappeared ….it was about the amount of canned pacific tuna, mackerel and sprats also seems to Alaskan White fish etc that is all on a reduced price offer on the south coast of the United Kingdom….which I personally believe is most likely due to this crisis…..I also said I'm refusing to work any more as would rather spend the time I have left with my children and partner…..doctors trying to claim that I'm psychotic and paranoid….and proscribing me a combination of drugs to prevent me being taken seriously…..even my partner refuses to accept that we are being slowly poisoned….how can I convince her to stop feeding this poison that is labelled as food…. Any help would be helpful

• or-well or-well

@Ki11more,
      I can see your comment from 7:14 am as well as replys to it.
      Can you see this reply below your comment time-stamped 9:06am or the previous replys with links from Geneva Snow?

• Cooter sally

ENE blog problems.
        For the past week when I use DuckDuckGo for ENENEWS.com it comes up Sorry, this page doe not exist.

The login at top right gives me a 404 error with green and blue blocking which I have never seen so I use the "login to reply" to access and post.

In the nuclear discussion thread Clamshellernh posted this:
        "clamshellernh
        June 23, 2014 at 11:51 pm · Reply
        Testing"
        This blog is now posted between June 29 preceding it;
        and June 28 following it. This has been going on since the 23rd.

Could it just be that other forces are trying to influence, misdirect and discourage others from viewing this site? I would believe so as the NSA has said "there is no reasonable expectation that the internet and it's users have any legal standing or protections". Following that, our government, has just said that "black operations are corporations and have every right afforded any other corporation".

ENE admin. is black and for good reason. They can see the writing on the wall.
        My apologies for being off subject.

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Sally- the same this happened to me when I used Start Page proxy server. Someone definitely wants the IP addresses of visitors to Enenews.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

moment you sign on to the net, newsblackoutUSA, your IP address is present and there for the taking. Not even anonymizers can protect against discloser.

With that out of the way, the ENENews server simply needs some maintenance. Likely a defrag with error checking would speed things up. If you're on here enough, you can see the buggy-boos develop in realtime. When you've got a million people passing through at any one time, the server will start burping now and then. Given the bigger picture, the site's fairing far better than most…

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Aftershock- I'm not scared of my IP address being seen …. Ed let us know we are monitored every second of every day. I use Start page to reduce the temp files that Google deposits with every search. With start page I get about a 1/4 of the temp files.

• Dr. Anne Lee Tomlinson Maziar VanneV

The "testing" post out of place has happened on enenews before many times. It seems to be caused when a thread gets too long. Some threads have been around for months and then they need to start up the thread again anew. Like the general discussion thread, which has been around for three years, but has been divided into smaller segments.

enenews has also changed servers more than once.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

KM, the best thing you can try to do is try too educate your partner and all those around you. One of the easiest for those who love fish is to have them write a letter to all the fish source companies they purchase from and see if they are checking/testing their fish stock for levels of radiation contamination prior to package and sale.

If not that might help them all see the light after reading the comments and links here.

The growth awareness rate for any individual's understanding is always different person to person.

I took me 10 years to give up milk/dairy when my wife knew it was very bad for me..she was right all along. :)

No need to shake anyone since learning curves and acceptance of new knowledge takes time..

• GOM GOM

Shut up. Seriously. Before something major happens like you being arrested or something. I shut up awhile back after getting creepy suspicious looks from people when I spoke about this stuff. Then I looked up the US "patriot act". One can be detained for being radical or inciting 'trouble' just buy talking about irradiated tuna or cow plop…

• GOM GOM

p.s.- I meant the shut up crap for own good. This is the only place I vent or share. Even now I wonder if I should continue…

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

got that, GOM. Just keep in mind, they want us to shut up. That's why, long before the Snowden revelations, they were letting us know we were being monitored. They're attempting to mind fuck us. I say good luck to these overconfident batch of turds. Bring on your next false flag. We know your moves, now…

• Jebus Jebus

Exactly AS,

If you look at this video with thought, you can see why SE Asia can lose a 777-200ER with almost 200 people onboard without a trace…

Look over here…

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

They want us to "self-monitor" Facebook now monitors what people type as they type it…when they edit note is made of the edit. The NSA get's the report of what they had "started" typing. Everyone should type key words as much as possible and pollute the data.

If we self monitor they effectively have controlled our thoughts.

• AFTERSHOCK AFTERSHOCK

gmail does the same, newsblackoutUSA. They setup the page frame to "pull" data fields from the client (your computer) every ten-or-so seconds. It's done under the guise that they're "saving" your message from crashes. There are far more devious reasons in play. At the top is knowing what you were thinking of saying, before actually hitting the send button. Another is characterization of your online persona. This is where they attempt to 'fingerprint' your persona from your online style. Persona can be derived from grammatical style, ability to convey and express ideas, preoccupations (politics, issues, concerns, etc.), browsing habits (dwell time, interests, etc.), social contacts and so forth.

This is all the result of early TIA (Total Information Awareness) initiatives. It's also cloaked within commercial efforts to use such profiling for marketing. Goes back-n-forth between commercial entities (FaceBook being one such organization) that are contracted by private entities, but are actually controlled by intelligence services. This elaborate game is used to shield these government controlled entities from accountability.

What's most surprising is how little intel is actually being produced by these efforts. Truly dangerous individuals don't feel the need to express themselves out here..

• We Not They Finally

GOM, if we are that scared that relatively early in the game, it's not good. I say, DON'T shut up at all! Be discriminating, but no, DON'T SHUT UP. If I'm really "already dead, my first choice is not to cower. Hardly.

• We Not They Finally

Ki11more, time is something we still have so long as we live. Get where you are coming from, but sometimes it is better to keep going, however one feels. And we still need to eat to live, even if the food is bad.

• Runningonlove Runningonlove

K11, God bless you, fight the good fight, laddie!
      Very interesting about the Pacific fish on cut-rate offer…
      "yeh, let's feed it to the plebes, they'll think it's a bargain"
      Have you looked into growing your own veggies? A small outdoor garden,
      or better still, an indoor year-round container-type garden. Also,
      you can grow sprouts in a jar indoors, straight from seeds. Just soak 'em for 8 hours to get 'em started, drain 'em, rinse with clean water twice a day, and in 3-4 days you've got organic sprouts. Very nutritious, and very cheap, been growing these for years. Look up organic sprouting seed suppliers on the net,I'm sure there are some over there in the UK or Europe.

• Ki11more Ki11more

Oh suddenly it's back…. Wow… Just wow……

• zogerke zogerke

i think of socref and how it swore there was no Pu signature in a million endless trolling shilling posts. Agreed: good to see ti admitted to; and agreed: logic says the estimates above of Pu and C releases are way low.

• Sol Man

"The restart comes after a series of safety checks…"

Yes, they made sure that it will never be safe before throwing the switch to on so all of the people in the world can suffer all of the ravages that radiation has to offer.

Any creature ravaged by radiation does not fare well.

• Plutonium is SOOOOO hard to find and detect anywhere.

It is much easier to find and detect cesium or strontium.

With children, the best way to see if they are getting radiation via food or drinks is to do a blood test, (check for white blood cell count suppression).

Also, it is possible to test hair for heavy metals, and even good MD's know about this and use it to test for poisoning, post mortem.
    Radioactive elements are also poisonous heavy metals.

Or do a whole body INTERNAL radiation count. The machines only detect gamma radiation, but it is a good indicator for what a child is getting in terms of radiation.

The best way to deal with someone feeding tuna to their kid on a constant basis is to inform them about dangers of mercury.. test the hair for mercury, and it will be elevated in someone eating lots of seafood such as whale meat, tuna, etc.

Mercury; Linked To Disease, Paralysis And Death; via A Green Road http://agreenroad.blogspot.com/2012/11/mercury-amalgam-linked-to-disease.html

• bo bo

Reposting this great film clip regarding plutonium – from previous thread ( thanks Jebus)

Plutonium Lunacy…
    See how they run…

• 60 km = 37.2 miles

That's a long way to spew PLUTONIUM! :shock:

It will continue to spread. That's what radiation contamination does.

Think of the number of places it now possibly contaminates that have not been tested.

If the CHUNKS of PLUTONIUM that went SKY HIGH made it 40 miles inland, how far out to sea did it blow.? Maybe some landed on the tsunami debris. (I am sure it did.) Maybe we should be testing for that too.

Once the 'moment of highest concern' has passed, does that mean the 'level of concern' is now less for some reason? Seems like that's their logic. IMO – That's what they want us to believe, but I don't think so. ;)

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

No shock Plu was found in Japan, it was also found in Seattle. Fukushima radionuclides were found around the world. And here we are 3.3 years later and the the radiation is still pouring out of Fukushima.
      Now we also have a WIPP countdown how many years will we discuss WIPP?

Plutonium from Fukushima was found in Seattle.

Measurement of airborne fission products in Chapel Hill, NC, USA from the Fukushima Dai-ichi reactor accident

Global and local cancer risks after the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant accident as seen from Chernobyl: A modeling study for radiocaesium (134Cs & 137Cs)

Artificial radionuclides in Russia as a result of the accident at the Fukushima NPP

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Well they don't have the numbers correct on the projected amount of cancers, only off by a couple of million, but then they are trying and spitting something out for the general public to read..that is better than nothing. Maybe not..

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Pacific Ocean still speaking loud and clear to all these supposed scientists and they need to learn how to talk to the fish for a first hand understanding of the devastation now going on under all those waves.. :( Clearly no one can put a price on such ecosystem losses…

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Yes Obe…everything out there is a gross underestimate. The only reason I posted these articles was as a contrast to why this post was re-posted over a year later. The papers from the enenews post are from 2013, but in 2012 it was public knowledge there was hot Plutonium discovered on air filters in Seattle. Arnie Gundersen talked about kids having hot plutonium on their shoelaces in Tokyo in 2012.

I am confused by the posting from the admin of an old paper about PLU 60 km away from Fukushima when everyone knows PLU traveled much farther than 60km.

• It went all the way around the world, multiple times, in the form of hot particles.

Arnie did a really good video about it, and explained how many of those people were inhaling DAILY, both in japan and in the USA

Everyone is a radioactive lab rat taking part in this global radiation dosing experiment called Fukushima. Many don't even know that they are lab rats.

We have all been lab rats since the nuclear age began, and 2,400 nuclear bombs were set off in open air, spreading radiation globally. Now 400 plus nuke plants spread radioactive poisons globally, along with 30 plus reactor melt downs, DU weapons blowing off globally, plus satellites containing plutonium crashing and burning, plus much more…

• newsblackoutUSA newsblackoutUSA

Yes, Fukushima traveled around the world, and is still looping about every 40 days high in the jet stream. Cesium 137 is still detected in dairy products, Air filters still pick up plutonium. Now we have WIPP adding to the mix.

Perfect Quote Dr. G:
              "Pandora's Box has been opened… her lips are poison, her tongue is forked, and her hair is hissing venomous snakes. The horrors are coming out, non stop, and forever more."

• or-well or-well

Plutonium Playgrounds

No, not those of nuke researchers
    nor the atom bomb-making Berserkers
    and I don't mean places like Rocky Flats,
    Alamogordo or Hanford's big vats:
    I mean places of outdoor play for kids
    made deadly by what the insane Nukists did.
    We've seen bags of hot rad-dirt on the side,
    the shielded monitors, installed too high,
    we know "decon" dumping is done "on the sly"
    and we know the damn Nukists constantly lie,
    denying where there's nukes, more nuclides fly
    into the air to be spread worldwide.
    There's the playgrounds in Fukushima deserted,
    in all the places they evacuated,
    there's the playgrounds that sit, mostly quiet,
    as the children can't spend much time outside,
    there's the playgrounds being recontaminated
    and playgrounds the safety of which is questioned
    by the geiger readings of private citizens.
    There's so many places the kids should not be,
    but they are, and worse;
    some time, by official decree,
    they'll be sent home to hot playgrounds as Returnees.
    And they want to restart their Npps.
    I'm sorry if I'm making you bored.
    Don't read my next post, as I've said it before.

• or-well or-well

Skipping Game

"The rain! The rain!
    Run Children! Run!
    Come inside quick!
    There's plutonium!"
    ……………….

"Onesies, Twosies, Threesies – Stop!
    Kids gotta go in
    when the sky's hot!"

"Foursies, Fivesies, Sixies – Jump!
    Feel 'round yer neck
    in case there's a lump!"

"Sevensies, Eightsies, Ninesies – Fall!
    Out comes yer hair
    so the Doctor ya call!"

"Tensies, Elevensis, Twelvesies – a dozen!
    Yer Sister got Cancer,
    and so did our Cousin!"
    ……………………

"Oh, they'll adapt.
    Kids are resilient."

So say our Leaders,
    with reasoning reptilian,
    uncaring that, by their acts,
    they are, in fact, killing them.

or-well, 21 january, 2012

• amelero

Protect and detox yourself effectively from radioactive substances with pure zeolite powder. Get it here: http://regalsupplements.com/?AFFID=156128

• Sol Man

The numbers do not go down = endless pain.

• Jebus Jebus

The background Pu ratio in global fallout has been reported 0.035 ± 0.008

"background Pu ratio", Hard to get ones mind wrapped around that.

Plutonium never stays in the backround.

It likes to be front and center.

SNAP 9A did double the oceans plutonium…

The Japanese and the World have been eating plutonium for over 60 years.

When is too much, too much?

What really needs to be done is for a team of researchers to correlate the obvious cancer rate increases to the publicly available timeframes of all these plutonium releases.

How do you get a world full of cancer patients to realize why they got the cancer in the first place.

Living in a world of natural backround plutonium.

Living in a world of grief.

Living in a plutonium economy.

Living in a world of plutonium lunacy…

• Jebus Jebus

Intelligent Design

Natural Selection

Plutonium Death

• Sol Man

We are on the road to being a planet
    that is inhospitable to all life

• Sol Man

INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE INHOSPITABLE TO ALL LIFE …

• Jebus Jebus

"It should be stressed that the evidence of Pu from Fukushima does not pose any radiological concern"

For WHO?

The most toxic heavy metal radioisotope ever brewed up by man.

That is one of the most oxymoronic sentences I have ever read.

Someone needs to step up. Take it to the UN.

Plutonium Lunacy. Let life imitate art.

"does not pose any radiological concern"

See how they run…

• ftlt

There is certain to be plutonium throughout Japan given the shared burning of debris program regardless of source.

• Ki11more Ki11more

Maybe we the people shod join together get hold of a gram of plutonium and put it in the air conditioning of the next international conference like UN or bilderburg…. See how much they like to suck the shit into their lungs….I'm not advocating this so if it does happen I am NOT responsible…after all Pu is hard to find unless you just sweep the gutters in japan and the American west coast….
    Surely we need to revolt peacefully by just refusing to work….hit them in the only way possible….remove the source of their money…..until all nukes are shut down….after all money is just another form of slavery these days…..so….I'm not working anymore I'm off sick with aledgedly depression psychosis and paranoia……one thing to note I have zero thoughts of suicide….I'm just not going to contribute anymore instead in doing my bit to drain their cash flow and getting every Benefit I can get my hands on……let them prove I'm insane…..if they CAN …I have the truth and science on my side….fuck the powers that be…..I refuse to kiss your ass a moment longer…..I encourage every world citizen to follow suit…..join me in my protest and destroy the system….

• Bungalow Phil Bungalow Phil

Ki11More,
      I hear your frustration. Rather than subjecting yourself to the very least, being blacklisted, no fly (since you are NOT a sanctioned member of the nuclear cabal). Do something more positive and legal like renting an imitation rad suit and printing some flyers and a sign. Check your local laws. obtain permits and find a busy corner in your town. Take photos and upload them to the net. Write a blurb and blog it. Do it as a public service. Once it's out there it's out there.

• Hey, Forbes.com will attack you with bananas, brazil nuts, airline flights for even mentioning plutonium.

They are currently filled with righteous rage over Iodine (forgetting to mention the other isotopes of course):

James Conca Contributor
    I cover the underlying drivers of energy, technology and society.
    Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

ENERGY 6/25/2014 @ 8:59AM 12,880 views
    Scaring The Japanese People With Radiation Is Criminal

• Bungalow Phil Bungalow Phil

After reading that essay I can only conclude that Conca IS A "PURE PARANOID." The only way to extricate himself from those statements is to push his delusion even further or retract and join the truth movement. But then who would trust him?

• HoTaters HoTaters

Responding under your post, PU239, as the server otherwise won't let me log in.

"Sample 4 was too small for a meaningful analysis. […]"

Meaning the sample size (not the quantity of material present) was too small (no. of samples taken) to give statistically significant results.

And this:

"Apparently no explosive fuel fragmentation occurred, so that little, if any of the release happened in the form of fuel fragments. […] Only scattered data are available from the farther surroundings. It can be assumed that continuous and frequent monitoring of environmental media for Pu from locations more distant than a few km was deemed unnecessary […] Given two different sources (global and Fukushima fallout) with different, but known 238Pu : 239+240Pu ratios, the contributions of the both in a sample which is a mixture of both can be calculated […]"

There is an obvious issue with this statement as on March 15, reactor 3 detonated and threw fuel fragments out for several kilometers. The wind shifted onshore and circulated down into the Tokyo area, then onshore to South Korea, and northward into China. But since this study apparently isn't considering those facts, they are not mentioned here.

We've had a lot of discussion here about what happened to the plume and fuel fragments ejected from Reactor 3 and likely its spent fuel pool.

• Bungalow Phil Bungalow Phil

The most criminal part of the Conca essay from the PU239 posted link is the following excerpt:
    "Ironically, it has repeatedly been shown that the worst health effects from Fukushima have come from the fear of radiation and the forced evacuations, not from any radiation effects (Gaji 2013; Japan Daily Press; WHO Report; NYTimes). Not one person has, or likely will, die from Fukushima radiation. But many people have died from the forced evacuations, fear and depression resulting from both well-intentioned and politically-motivated ignorance on radiation doses and effects following the accident."

Can't get much clearer than that.

• Yeah. Me too get the 404 error message when signing in. But got through by hitting sign in to reply. Plutonium readily bonds to oxygen and hydrogen molecules. May not be plutonium dust but plutonium oxides and hydrites mixed up with our water and air.
    These people act on the principal of cost benefit analysis. Meaning the cost to clean up this mess in Japan, Hanford, the purported nuclear waste dump in the North Sea and God knows what other messes in Pakistan, India, China, Russia, France and others and the cost of shutting down civilian and army nuclear industry will hurt more people then a little bit of plutonium floating around. But wait. This economy is propped up not only by nuclear but oil. Burning oil creates pollution. Making plastics the throw away society has created several huge tracts of seawater polluted with bits of plastic. Oil spills, pesticides, genetically modified foods factory farms and on and on.
    Not only will you not get a realistic risk assessment or report on the extra plutonium we are exposed to but no study will ever be made public on how a plutonium dose plus pesticide exposure and a lung full of diesel smoke combined will increase risk to a shortened life. Cancer rates go up as economical activity increases. People need to realize as long as they spend their time invested in this death wish economy we have been sold on nothing will change. The powers that be are totally scared we will wake up and walk away.

• 21stCentury 21stCentury

goog: geopolymer radioactive

…see what you come up with

stuff like this;

• tbg

I guess its good to see someone write a report about plutonium, cant ignore it forever, but honestly it seems more of a damage control report than anything.

From the above paper, "Data sources are mainly reports and press releases by Japanese authorities and a few scientific articles."

Oh. So it's essentially quoting and thereby passively validating known liars and their lies. Hmm.

Once again it's too bad no one on this huge spinning ball of rock, salt water and greed that we inhabit has a $10K handheld realtime isotopic identifier. They should invent something like that. Then the government could give it to early responders… but definitely not journalists or report writing scientists or majorly funded "public interest" organizations.

Meh, but on a side note I live chatting with the enenews hosting company the friday, I'm not affiliated with the site but I have some domain experience and they indicated, to me at least, that its not a database error, but the login link is being blocked on the hosting companies end because of hacking attempts to gain access. This may or may not be true, hosting live chat support is not known for their exacting standards and also Im not technically affiliated with the domain but I know the questions he can answer and he seemed to be on top of it. It's a pretty good company so it stands to reason seeing as how their block page comes up in place of the login prompt.

• tbg

Also regarding the tracking that is or is not done on this site, there are only 9 sites directly running scripts on this page, well besides enenews.com of course.

facebook .com and .net, twitter, doubleclick, google syndication, google-analytics, google static, twitter images, and akamaihd.

So there's not a lot of stuff running on here, Reuters has like 50 but the ones that are sell your data and/or allow access to it via their API, as is standard these days. If your worried about it I would recommend doing what I do, use firefox and install the NoScript addon. That blocks any scripts from running on a page unless you specifically allow them.

There are other solutions out there, Komodo Dragon is a good secure browser but Ive had compatibility issues with it in the past. If your super paranoid you can install a secure linux distro and use a text only web browser but I think its a point of diminishing returns, I mean if the NSA wants in your PC, they own it 19 ways to sunday and they aren't the only ones.

They can track you based on the relay routers between you and a destination page, even through Tor, without you ever knowing. So for me just firefox and NoScript is good enough, it works on most sites and lets me control what I can.

• rogerthat

''Apparently no explosive fuel fragmentation occurred…''

- you mean apart from the fuel rods scattered around the plants after they exploded? there were pictures of them at the time.
    you mean apart from the fuel rod fragments that were scattered over a radius of 70 kilometres, and which the army was deployed to search for and pick up?
    you mean apart from the fuel rods that vaporised because temperatures reached 9000 degrees farenheit?
    you mean apart from the ones that fell into the sea, or were bulldozed and dumped there in the immediate aftermath of the explosions?
    you mean apart from the ones which were bulldozed over and buried?

- forgive me, i must be a nincompoop who can't read, who has a faulty memory, and who doesn't know f…all but does know f…nothing. anyhow, this is cheerful stuff. soon they will tell us the explosions and meltdowns never happened, and that fukushima daichi one will soon be reopening for business under the guiding hand of Great Leader Abe.

• What meltdowns? What explosions? Those are just harmful rumors. The secrecy law must be obeyed. Heil Abe, supreme leader and savior of Japan, the greatest nation on Earth. Nuclear power will save everyone, but only if all those NPP are started up again.

Fukushima was only 10% of Chernobyl, no one died, no one will ever die, and radiation stops in the harbor, does not go beyond this point, so no one is being harmed, and btw, the fish are now safe to eat, even in the harbor. That goes for Fukushima rice too. Everyone can move back home now, it is all back to normal..

(sarcasm)

• suzil

how bad is it really on the west coast north america? netc.com was saying san francisco was at 200 cpm but my friend's monitorin the city was at 15. i live a bit north of there on the coast and my monitor doesn't budge much from 12. granted it's a cheap one.
    there has been the direst sort of warnings about how hot it is here but why doesn't it show?
    i am just trying to figure out what to do… if i should escape. how could there be that much variance with netc and local readings? what is going on? how scared should i be?

• If you have a radiation monitor, use it and believe it, unless you think it might be so old that the calibration is now way off.

A cheap way to test it is to put it right on top of a Americium containing smoke detector, and see if your radiation detector registers anything. (don't take it apart)

A decent detector will go up to 100 CPM or something in that range, a cheaper one maybe less, but it should show something.

Anyway, if your detector alarms right on top of the smoke detector with AM inside of it, then it should also alarm from anything major.

We were all exposed to the Fuku initial blast, that won't change.

• Biggest concern now is probably bioAccumulation from food and water contaminated with 'low levels' of radionuclides.

It's hard to tell what the long term impact will be from the ongoing ocean contamination.

As we know from the German study, strontium will pose significant risks to sea life,and to those who consume it, across long periods of time.

Fukushima effects will unfold over decades, centuries

• We Not They Finally

Yes. Bio-accumulation, bio-magnification up the food chain, and worsening generation by generation. That's the most demoralizing thing — that it never gets better, only much worse. And humans are not even programmed for "never better, just worse." Every instinct (even self-protective ones) is geared towards life getting better. Yet hope is an energy that drives humans past even the worst of times. It just gets harder to dispense as things get worse. Thus the conundrum.

• vital1 vital1

Geiger Counters have different sensitivities. Meaning, at the same location one Geiger counter model could show say 12 cpm, while an another 120 cpm.

It all depends on the type of Geiger counter tube the model it is using. If they used a scintillator for detection purposes, which is very Gamma radiation sensitive it could be in the thousands of counts per minute.

You can only compare it against itself. If it usually averaged around 12 cpm at that particular location, this would be considered the background level at that location using that Geiger counter.

It may not be unusual to get detections for brief periods of time 3 times this. If it stayed 3x background for any length of time, then something more serious is happening.

These two free resources should help you.

Radiation level Chart

Free Geiger counter Guide

• vital1 vital1

If it stayed 3x or more background, for any length of time, then something more serious is possibly happening.

This information I provided in this post is only meant to be a generalized overview, as each circumstance is different.

• rogerthat

… said Takashi Mitachi, co-chairman Japan at Boston Consulting Group.
    "The 2011 Fukushima disaster was an unfortunate event, ..

- this is just a japan tax/business opportunity story, so the comment is in that context. nevertheless, it perhaps deserves a place in the fukushima lexicon.
    - makes me think of Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

• razzz razzz

Unit 4 fuel removal update as of June.30,2014:

Breakdown of transferred assemblies by kind
    Spent fuel1166 assemblies/1,331 assemblies
    Unirradiated (New) fuel22 assemblies/ 202 assemblies
    Number of times of cask transportation:
    54 times

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

We get updates on the number of fuel assemblies removed from SFP4. Are they to be believed? When lies run rampant, why should TEPCO be believed?

Here is what happened according to high level reports. Its very interesting!;

Tuesday, 15 March 2011 According to TEPCO, an explosion damaged the 4th floor area above the reactor and spent fuel pool of the Unit 4 reactor. The IAEA was informed by Japanese authorities that the spent fuel storage pond at Unit 4 was on fire and radioactivity was being released directly into the atmosphere.

Self-Defense Force helicopters drop water four times on the spent fuel pools of units 3 and 4. They measure radiation field of 3.75 Sv/h above Unit 3. One attempt was made to douse unit 4 by helicopter but pilots drew back after encountering high levels of radiation. "There is no water in the spent fuel pool and we believe that radiation levels are extremely high"

Wednesday march 16 an explosion led to fires in SFP4. TEPCO announces its belief that the fuel rod storage pool of unit 4 may have begun boiling. Mr. Jaczko said commission representatives in Tokyo had confirmed that the pool at No. 4 was empty. He said Tokyo Electric and other officials in Japan had confirmed that …and the U.S. Department of Energy have experts on the site. United States was providing sophisticated nuclear detection devices, monitoring from air and ground.

The loss of fuel pool cooling water at unit 4 is classified as a level 3 event, just one…

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

capacity of common spent fuel pool is 6840 fuel assemblies.
        Stored fuel at common spent fuel pool is 6,375, leaving room for only 465 assemblies.

Number of spent fuel pool four stored fuel assemblies 1533. Not enough room in the common spent fuel pool! Have they indeed prepared an alternative storage site?

A calculation was made showing that a likely source of hydrogen for the explosion in Unit four came from the SFP. The calculation with the initial water level at 4.02 m takes 3.63 days to generate 150 kg of hydrogen. This is the amount of hydrogen calculated to cause the explosive destruction, and this is exactly the time when the actual explosion occurred in Unit 4.

Moreover, Unit 3 was already destroyed so it is unlikely to be the source of hydrogen for the explosion of unit 4

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

So Arnie Gundersen releases a video showing that the SFP4 was indeed empty enough to show the bare tops of the fuel racks. Heavy concrete and steel from the explosion is everywhere. Once the zirconium cladding is ignited, it is very difficult to put it out. A calculation shows the zirc fire is a likely source of hydrogen for the explosion, as stated above.

So there is a lot of high level evidence that SFP4 was damaged, and this makes the continuing reports of fuel removal doubtful.

• We Not They Finally

Doubtful? More like ridiculous. The video they put out about the process just before they began, showed a new sanitized building in perfect condition with fuel rods neatly stacked. Not "the burnt out Murrah Building in Oklahoma City" that the actual building looks like.

Anyone remember the Gulf disaster in the summer of 2010 or are our memories that badly scratched? They switched out videocam B for videocam A during Hurricane Bonnie –slightly different long and lat — two adjacent areas had been leased — Macondo 252-A and 252-B.

Videocam A showed the exploratory well that had already been capped the year earlier. We never again got to see videocam B (the still-gushing well) at all. All we knew is that ten days after Matt Simmons publicly announced that that well B would be gushing ongoing because BP had drilled a hole into the seabed, he was found dead in his own home.

So believe those nice sanitized pics of SFP4 if you like….

• jec jec

Wonder if they are moving out the SPECIAL fuel cells, maybe the MOX, that were stored there for experiments? Just a theory, and could be just 'false gossip.' TEPCO is moving something..if not from the fuel pool..then what? We watchers of the webcams see activity/radiation events/webs during the transfer times.Of course, this could just be saving face for TEPCO..someone should be able to show PROOF of the transfers..and where the fuel went…

• Sickputer

It is possible (and hopeful) that they have dry casked older assemblies in the CSFP and transported them to the Mutsu facility (page 6 at document below):

That would free up space for more extractions from Unit 4 moved to the CSFP.

I wonder how Mutsu has progressed? A little info here:

Right by Misawa AFB (US base) on the northern coast of Japan.

• razzz razzz

I think it was Fukus' Diary that reported the common fuel pool was at capacity and Unit 6 SFP would be used for storing Unit 4's remaining assemblies and TEPCO was trying to hasten the manufacturing of dry casks, whatever that means. Had 3 years to manufacture more. Most of 4's remaining assemblies are unused and not hot. Though there are some admittedly damaged assemblies, damaged from mishandling decades ago, that pose removal problems.

As far damaged or burnt up fuel rods in Unit 4, I don't know. An elaborate hoax, doubt it. Fuel assemblies in the 4's equipment pool melting down, doubt it. The removed shroud sections are stored in the equipment pool and are hot enough to leave a huge heat signature and needs special containers to be placed in before being removed.

Units 1,2&3 SFPs, more elaborate hoaxes? They also need to be emptied next. If anything, 3's SFP is hopeless. 2's pool is to hot to work around until it's decontaminated, 1's pool had the least amount of spent fuel in it

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

a hoax razz? I dont follow.

Dont believe the Yakuza about anything except SFP4. Regarding SFP4, believe TEPCO, not Arnie Gundersen, Jaczko, your eyes or your common sense….these are all wrong, only TEPCO and the pro nuclear industry is right about SFP4.

"it was a prompt, moderated, nuclear criticality…
        This picture clearly shows that the reaction was not uniform and that it started over the fuel pool."

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

like engineering? Estimate the condition of SFP3 starting at 30 seconds in. Will they remove spent fuel from there? Pretty radioactive….pretty destroyed

Unit 3 blew, then hydrogen traveled in the disconnected pipe shown here, which then exploded unit 4?

Unit 3 and its fuel pool in "fair to good" condition, with evidence of structural integrity

• razzz razzz

CodeShutdown: The hoax I refer to has to do with others on this site that think Unit 4's spent fuel removal is an elaborate scheme. Just like the hype that Unit 4's reactor core had/has fuel in it. GE had barely finished the shroud replacement and the reactor was not ready to be loaded yet. Hot spots from IR camera shots are of the irradiated reactor shell itself and the old hot shroud pieces being stored in the equipment pool awaiting removal. That's why there has never been a decommissioned reactor yet, they are too hot for a century and at the most can only be cut up and placed in containers at great peril and moved to another location for storage while cooling down.

Unit 3 pic shows water in the pool. A criticality means heat and that pool should have boiled or flashed to empty.
          That spent fuel was cold compared to Unit 4's stored fuel. Arnie has the part right about 3's containment being blown, a melted core is the best candidate for runaway fission. Melt probably had already found a water or saltwater table in the basement to create all that steam. More than likely the connecting tunnels provided a pathway for hydrogen from Unit 3's basement over to 4.

Google Earth has current pics of Unit 3's floor. Raises more questions than answers.

The only thing that is not conjecture is that 3 cores melted down and out. The big question is, how much of the melted cores remain accessible. Can't cap what you can't see.

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

So if you are right they must be using a chisel and a hammer to slam loose what ever melted pieces/garbage/deformed/burt offerings might be left in a pool that was originally empty and any of the the fancy pictures and headlines Tepco delivers must be from the pristine training ones they set up down the street?

• CodeShutdown CodeShutdown

hi obe…its difficult to know what they are doing, or where the spent fuel is. I believe that people have walked around up there, and that the pool is full of water/chemicals. I think they repaired leaks and filled the pool. Just as they allow their own citizens to die, and lie about it, they would allow a reporter or two for a short period there. I think they are trying to hold it all together, supporting the exploded, weakened structure from above, letting it cool while they figure out how to deal with it. The new structure extends over the reactor too, so likely they are hoping to extract or deal with nuclear material there also, as shown by thermal photos

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Seldom will we ever hear the whole truth and nothing but the truth..it is the way of the/our world today. :(

• PhilipUpNorth

Frozen Wall will not work:
    "Any possible siting of the ice wall will intersect a number of major pipes, ducts, drains etc. Some of these features may contain highly radioactive water. This is far from “soil” and will both dangerous to construct and its efficiency can only be guessed at as there is no experience with such a system anywhere else in the world.
    Additionally, underlying sandstone may have a head of about 35m, so if there is any connection with overlying engineered structures, pathways into the RB/TB may persist."

The high flow rate of groundwater at FDNPP will add too much heat to the system to allow ground to freeze.
    Three underground rogue nuclear reactors will add too much heat to the system to allow ground to freeze.

Best if Frozen Wall Project is not undertaken in the first place.
    Best if Impermeable Wall Project is Extended to include Tank Farm as well as surrounding Reactors1-4.
    Running Impermeable Wall along Harbor avoids pipes and trenches under Turbine buildings. :)
    Running Impermeable Wall around Tank Farm avoids any pipes inland from Reactor Buildings. :)

Above link has a good slide "Comparison Of Options" on Pg. 19, which makes for some interesting reading.

Back On Topic: Japan is toast.
    They are, all of them, dosed.
    Uranium is bad enough.
    Ceasium is worse.
    But Plutonium…
    Plutonium!
    "Does not pose any radiological concerns."
    Sure it doesn't…

Plutonium:…

• Shaker1

Phillip, I've looked at the PDF (apparently this is some presentation and just the power points?) and while I've never had any real disagreements with your persistence (very honorable and thank you for it) and your lists, I'd like to give some thoughts that might be considered and maybe a question that I don't see asked in relation to the 'impermeable wall'.

First the question: How is it any different regarding general hydrology than what I might call 'ice dam' rather than 'wall'? Regarding what they're trying to do at the trenches, it's in all liklihood dreaming for water flow itself, the nature of the water (brined as well as containing a heat componet in its origin, and the technique. My understanding is that they're using calcium carbonate as a refrigerant. In the best circumstance there is a great time-factor in its use. Great for ice rinks, and maybe small leaks in tunnel projects or for gain of structure support of saturated substrate, but hardly a good choice.

One thing about an ice wall or dam is that it is readily changed due to conditions and circumstances as it evolves, both depth, and perimeter. An impermeable wall has little potential in that regard. As for the trenches and raceways that are probably like a prairie dog city there, that's standard for such complexes. One generally doesn't find too much overhead for obvious reasons. They've been there all along, and is one reason I keep harping on destroying what isn't needed for…

• Shaker1

It truly bothers me that in a situation of this nature that there seems to be an attitude that previous systems because they exist are actually helping the situation at all. There just hasn't been enough analysis in that regard. If the trench is an outlet to the sea while it contains piping that might be being used, why not re-route piping and close the trench? Get rid of the damned thing. Sure, it requires effort, but it's effort with basic technology.

As for refrigerant, liquid nitrogen may be a good substitute, is old technology that as is calcium carbonate and is just as harmless in an open area. It has much greater potential. 21stCentury talk of LNG, but I think that's a no-brainer here. Too dangerous. As for the slowness we're witnessing in the drilling of holes, that seems easily overcome. Those tanks are another problem that was poorly approached and with no planning beyond a few days at a time. They could be building welded tanks on barges offshore. It's not rocket science, yet they are now trucking them in. Their piping is a management and design problem, not even with what seems like their poor materials.

Please understand, Phillip, that I'm just throwing out ideas, and I would be very pleased to see your 'to do' list implemented verbatim. And I'm only approaching these particular subjects, not comprehensively as the PDF did.

• PhilipUpNorth

Plutonium: "A li'l dab'l do ya."

• Someone tell me if we really need nuclear energy, or plutonium-infused children:

Bloom Box: The Alternative Energy that Terrifies Obama

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

Been quietly reading enenews for weeks…. always to much to say like:

1. remember the riot back in June 2012, showed the video to my students at the uni. only a few blocks from the protest… my colleagues back there, hit me with Hiroshima syndrome

2. Gorilla in the room…trying to sale land on Denman Island to make life in Belize a little more comfortable or sustainable residence cost 2000$ in Belize, small pension from Japan…

3. New paradigm…. letting go of the cash society, off the grid, a constant reminder that any day the old one will fall… the cookie crumbling!

4. young north american volunteers, spoilt indulged ego trips

5. too many chiefs and not enough indians

6. PTSD…need to just get the garden taken care of

7. My best friend, Mr Bol, of Bols Caves, just given a death sentence due to bone cancer,

8. An Environmental and Cultural Research Centre ….check us out, Pacbitun Farm, Facebook

9. Belize, the Ist. Global Park……. Venus Project for all of Belize….Third World to First World….. etc

. As I said, to much to say. NEED TO Share

Yeah it's raining, was back to packing water to new transplants.

• PhilipUpNorth

Tung Jen:
      "Venus Project for all of Belize"
      Interesting!

I enjoyed visiting with futurists Jacque Fresco and Roxanne Meadows at The Venus Project back in 2003-2004.
      Can you please fill us in on how Belize intends to benefit from using the Venus Projects unique Urban and Cultural Design Concepts?
      PhilipUpNorth

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

I discovered Jacque Fresco while in the hospital in Tokyo 2012. It seems to me that Jacque shared similar ideas. Belize is a small country with a small population, it has been classified as a third world country. Yet if you majored the diversity of cultural and environmental wealth that the country still holds the possibility to use clean, sustainable practices , not concerned with economic growth.

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

Need to follow Mr. Bols life here in Belize, a documentary in the making…… Maya Healing!

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

His family. Please don't talk to me about the government or some university protecting it…

they are too officious for my liking, and all about money!

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

Could you imagine that it would be possible to set up a global trust fund to buy out the Belizean government, instead of having the government of the red or blue variety sell out to big corporations building leaky dams and destroying pristine environments. How about this kindergarden the Japanese build in our local village…… I see it as early indoctrination to a consumer reality.

• Tung Jen Tung Jen

Bol and I talked about the hollow white bones in his chest X-ray, it took a month for him to get out to Mexico to get some real western doctoring….but he doesn't want anything more to do with that…the money ….the stress of hospitals across the border. He hasn't given up and we are preparing treatments from the jungle…… soursop, provision bark, baking soda…. he's still getting up here for a visit and also to his caves…. next to the Panti Reserve.

• Where are the multiple melted out coriums TEPCO?

• Very interesting chart from TEPCO; total amount of water, where it is going, plus or minus..

Lots of minuses of total water stored..

• Sol Man

Radionuclide particles of such sub-microscopic size all ejected into the atmosphere- how long will it take them to settle down?

• reaiege

http://www.Interracial-Dating-Site.com ♥ ♥ ==
    Online dating for black women, black men, white women, white men find interracial relationships. Including main features and costs, etc. Read our reviews before you sign up to help you make the right choice! Here you will meet lots of interracial singles and find friendship, love, romance, marriage or even more . Hope you will like it. Easy to search. .If you are single,what are you waiting for?