Title: City councilor to measure radiation in Mizumoto park the first was found dead
Source: Fukushima Diary
Date: Feb 24, 2012
Mr. Kabayama, a Tokyo city councilor of Liberal Democratic Party [...] was measuring radiation in various areas in Tokyo and posted it on his blog.
On 6/30/2011, he measured 0.25 microSv/h in Mizumoto Park. [...]
The next day, 7/1/2011 3AM, he was found dead with his head covered by a plastic bag.
Police thought it to be suicide for some reason.
[...] he sounded motivated to measure around in Tokyo. [...]
Read the Japanese media report on the death here
Published: February 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am ET
- Japan TV: Tokyo officials find high levels of radiation at 13 of 14 areas tested in public park June 25, 2012
- ABC News: Radiation levels in Tokyo Bay causing worry — Concerns for safety of… escaped penguin? (PHOTO) May 17, 2012
- WSJ: Tokyo-area officials say park has radiation levels 5 times higher than previously detected in city October 14, 2011
- Neutron ray measured in Tokyo — Uranium-235 found in Chiba — Can’t be detected by most geiger counters (PHOTO & VIDEO) October 19, 2011
- Xinhua: Radiation in areas of Tokyo far exceeded levels in Fukushima on Thursday– Almost 6 µSv/hr at amusement park near capital October 13, 2011