Enformable, Nov. 14, 2012: TEPCO has released designs for a cover to construct around the crippled Unit 3 reactor building in order to allow the utility to remove fuel rods from the spent fuel pool by crane. [...] The building will also house ventilation to reduce the radioactive materials being released into the atmosphere.
Published: November 14th, 2012 at 3:27 pm ET
- Gundersen: Cover at Fukushima Unit 3 looks like a mall superstore — Reactor building so severely damaged it can’t support structure (AUDIO) November 19, 2012
- Yomiuri: Tepco having difficulty with ‘debris’ around Unit 3 due to high radiation — Years before spent fuel removal will begin September 11, 2012
- Gundersen: White haze in photo of Unit 3 is coming from spent fuel pool — Almost as dangerous as Unit 4 (PHOTOS) July 12, 2012
- Tepco 3/11 Tapes: Army could use firearms on Unit No. 3 to release gas — “It will blow up anyway” (VIDEO) October 11, 2012
- New Fairewinds Video: Tepco reveals “detonation shock wave” during massive explosion at Fukushima Unit 3 (PHOTO & VIDEO) December 17, 2012