Hose leak again halts water unit, Kyodo, June 30, 2011:
[...] Tepco has also made little progress in injecting nitrogen into reactor 3′s containment vessel to prevent an explosion.
It began sending nitrogen into the No. 2 unit’s containment vessel Tuesday, but a high level of radiation within the No. 3 building is obstructing preparation work needed to send workers in.
Arnold Gundersen with the latest on the Fukushima meltdowns, Interview by Helen Caldicott, June 17, 2011:
At 17:30 in: Possibility of another explosion at Reactor No. 3
Listen to the broadcast here.
Published: June 29th, 2011 at 9:37 pm ET
- Trouble at Reactor No. 3: Unable to inject nitrogen in containment vessel to prevent hydrogen explosion July 7, 2011
- TEPCO says it’s “difficult” to start injecting nitrogen needed to prevent blast at Reactor No. 3 May 19, 2011
- UPDATE: TEPCO may have to find another way to inject nitrogen needed to prevent blast at Reactor No. 3 May 19, 2011
- Kyodo: Nitrogen injections stopped for fourth time in recent weeks April 13, 2012
- Tepco Official on Unit 3: “We don’t know if it was really a hydrogen explosion” August 8, 2012