Tepco’s June 15, 2012 Handout: The Protection Platform Installation on Unit 4 Spent Fuel Pool at Fukushima Daiichi Power Station
Subscription Only: Fukushima No. 4 spent fuel pool gets steel plate cover: TEPCO
June 15, 2012
The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant said Friday that it has placed a steel plate cover over the spent fuel pool of the No. 4 unit.
[...] to prevent rubble from falling into the pool [...]
The 60-ton steel plate is 11 meters long and 13.7 meters wide.
Published: June 15th, 2012 at 3:26 pm ET
- Tepco adds 60-ton cover on No. 4 fuel pool (PHOTOS) June 8, 2012
- Cover for Fukushima Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 — Tepco starts installing giant steel frame (PHOTOS) January 8, 2013
- WSJ speculates: “Is process of emptying the Unit 4 pool starting?” — Will Tepco continue taking out more racks? — Law forbids disclosing when nuclear fuel is moved July 19, 2012
- Gundersen: Unit 4 reactor building has not been reinforced — Floor of fuel pool was, but not strong as original May 5, 2012
- Nuclear engineer identifies ‘weakest link’ at Unit No. 4 — “Potential catastrophic drain down” of fuel pool (PHOTOS) June 15, 2012