Tepco officials left Tokyo headquarters soon after Reactor 1 exploded — Image not available to public — Claimed “their engineers remained to deal with the situation”
Title: TEPCO executives leave HQ amid crisis
Source: NHK WORLD English
Date: Aug. 6, 2012
Video footage released by Tokyo Electric Power Company shows the utility’s executives leaving the Tokyo headquarters as the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant was unfolding.
[...] the image is not available to the public [...]
The full-length video shows then-TEPCO president Masataka Shimizu and most other executives on the company’s taskforce leaving the office late on March 12th [...] A hydrogen explosion occurred at the No.1 reactor that afternoon.
TEPCO officials say their engineers remained to deal with the situation.
- Ex-Fukushima Daiichi Worker: “There are leaks everywhere” — Tepco portraying situation in best possible light July 26, 2012
- New Report: Cabinet members were bracing for possible evacuation of Tokyo — Edano feared Daiini problems — Yoshida warned officials of meltdown on 3/14 February 27, 2012
- Fukushima Worker: Nothing left we can do — Zero plan/idea how to manage leaking reactors — Tepco begins reducing # of workers November 23, 2011
- 27 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 flowed into sea — Doesn’t include first week of crisis — 30 times what Tepco claimed October 29, 2011
- Tepco Tapes: Fukushima chief calls out ‘mayday, mayday’ when Reactor No. 3 exploded — HQ started to respond as if he said he was going out to lunch (VIDEO) August 6, 2012