Title:Fracture-like Traces Found on Steel Members (Diagonal Bracings) in the Intermediate Section of the Exhaust Stack for Units 1 and 2 at Fukushima Daiichi NPS
Source: Fukushima Daiichi NPS Prompt Report
Date: Sept. 18, 2013
We have been conducting an on-site inspection for seismic safety evaluation on the exhaust stack for Units 1 and 2 at Fukushima Daiichi NPS. Today (on September 18), in the inspection, we found fracture-like traces on steel members (diagonal bracings) of the exhaust stack.
Since the area around the exhaust stack includes a location with a high dose rate, we will start a detailed investigation after examining how the investigation should be conducted.
The exhaust stack in question has been out of use. Neither abnormality in the plant data (the RPV bottom temperature, the PCV internal temperature, etc.) nor significant change has been found.
This incident will be explained in the regular press conference to be held today (on September 18).
Published: September 18th, 2013 at 11:08 am ET
- Officials: ‘Nuclear Fuel Material’ or the like leaked during today’s Level 1 event near Unit 4 at Fukushima plant — “We will explain this incident in the press conference” (MAP) August 19, 2013
- TV: Officials concerned about 400 ft. tall pipe near Fukushima reactors collapsing during quake — 8 cracks found in support brace — Gov’t orders immediate investigation — Tepco unsure how to access area as radiation levels around it are 10 sieverts per hour (PHOTO & VIDEO) September 18, 2013
- Tokyo Press Conference: Gov’t is committing crimes against humanity; Fukushima children living in war zone and can’t leave — Childhood cancer developing much faster than Chernobyl; Rate now 14 times higher — Parent: “I’m revealing the reality of what’s going on… it’s only way to get rid of the criminals” (VIDEO) August 19, 2014
- ZDF Bureau Chief: Very high radioactive dose of 65 microsieverts per hour in Fukushima City — “Informed officials 3 month ago, nothing happened until today!” — Many children pass by everyday (PHOTO) May 17, 2013
- Crack found over 200 feet above ground at Unit 1 & 2 exhaust stack — Fukushima Worker: May be more difficult to deal with than contaminated water September 18, 2013