Akira Kawano, Tepco General Manager:
It’s really impossible just to continuously accumulate that water in the tanks.
It’s not a feasible way.
So we need to think about possibility of discharge, or the other alternative ways — like evaporation or something like that.
Published: March 10th, 2013 at 6:15 pm ET
- TEPCO believes reactors No. 1, 2, and 3 are breached and leaking radioactive liquid – NHK (VIDEO) March 27, 2011
- CNN: Fukushima fallout ‘grossly underestimated’ says new Japan study — “Radioactive poison… contaminating the North Pacific Ocean” — Tepco: ‘Impossible’ to know how much really got out (VIDEO) May 22, 2014
- Japan Official: Fuel from Fukushima reactors is “melting down daily” — AP: No way of confirming melted fuel is at bottom of containment vessels — Tepco Adviser: “Schedule for decommissioning the plant is pure supposition” — The Economist: This is ‘Mission Impossible’ (VIDEO) February 8, 2015
- Tepco: Water used to cool Fukushima reactors could be released into ocean — Outside experts worried October 25, 2012
- “Big Problem”: Cracked floors in Fukushima reactors leaking into groundwater that’s rising and rising and rising due to Tepco wall — “Can no longer be stopped from getting in ocean” — “Worse than that… buildings now on mushy land” (AUDIO) August 28, 2013