Title: TEPCO says no damage to spent fuel at Fukushima
Date: Friday, February 10, 2012 20:37 +0900 (JST)
[... Tepco] on Friday released video of the storage pool at the No.4 reactor building taken by an underwater camera the previous day.
The utility says the footage shows debris fell onto the rack containing the fuel rods but apparently caused no damage. Visibility in the pool is reportedly about 5 meters. [...]
The No.4 reactor was offline and had no active fuel when a powerful earthquake and tsunami disabled the plant on March 11th last year.
But a hydrogen explosion blew off the reactor’s roof and sent wreckage into the pool, making it difficult to assess conditions inside.
Read the report here
Recent news about [catlist name=spent-fuel-pool-no-4 numberposts=8 orderby=date order=desc date=yes comments=yes catlink=yes]
Published: February 10th, 2012 at 9:31 am ET
- TEPCO: Nuclear fuel rods in No. 4 spent fuel pool are “confirmed to be damaged” — First time damage revealed at any pool April 13, 2011
- Tepco prepares to film Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 — “You can vaguely discern the fuel rods” says worker February 10, 2012
- Tepco checking debris fallen to bottom of Reactor No. 4 — May move control rods — ROV to be sent into Spent Fuel Pool March 12, 2012
- Suspected damage to fuel assembly racks in Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 — See anything missing? (VIDEO) November 21, 2011
- Gundersen: M7 quake likely caused damage to spent fuel racks at Fukushima Daiichi (VIDEO) December 11, 2012