Title: Behind the scenes of the world’s worst nuclear disaster
Date: Oct 7, 2012
At 4:45 in
Akio Takahashi (Technical Fellow): We don’t know if it was a hydrogen explosion, but the government, NISA is saying it’s a hydrogen explosion so don’t you think it’s OK to say it was a hydrogen explosion?
Tepco Main Office: NISA has announced on the TV earlier that is was a hydrogen explosion.
Takahashi: I think it’s better to go along with them.
Tepco Main Office: So it’s OK to say… it was a hydrogen explosion?
Tepco President Shimizu: Yes, that’s OK. It’s a speed game.
Watch the translated video here
Published: October 8th, 2012 at 10:23 am ET
- Tepco Official on Unit 3: “We don’t know if it was really a hydrogen explosion” August 8, 2012
- Asahi: Video shows Tepco’s hastiness when reporting Unit 3 as a hydrogen explosion — Cause “has yet to be determined” August 8, 2012
- Reactor Specialist on Unit 3: “I can’t tell you if it’s a hydrogen explosion or a nuclear explosion” (VIDEO) August 24, 2012
- Engineer: 6 experts say nuclear explosion at reactor is possible — NRC: Fukushima Unit 3 explosion had 3 loud bangs, much larger than Unit 1 blast — Tokyo professor’s presentation adds question mark: “Hydrogen explosion of Reactor #3?” (VIDEO) December 28, 2013
- Gundersen’s Kansai Presentation: Pellets of nuclear fuel were scattered around Fukushima site — Pieces, not atoms, but pieces — Hydrogen will not create explosion seen at Unit No. 3 (VIDEO) May 13, 2012