TEPCO: As of the steam coming from near the central part of the fifth floor (equipment storage pool side) of Unit 3 at around 4:15 AM on July 24 [Emphasis Added], it had been observed intermittently. However, it has not found since 8:00 AM today (August 4).
TEPCO: Although the steam has not found since 8:00 AM yesterday (August 4), at around 7:30 AM today (August 5), we found steam coming again from near the central part of the fifth floor (equipment storage pool side) of Unit 3 by a camera.
TEPCO: As of the steam coming from near the central part of the fifth floor (equipment storage pool side) of Unit 3 at around 7:30 AM today (on August 5), it had been observed by a camera. However, it has not found since 12:05 PM today (on August 5).
Published: August 5th, 2013 at 8:19 am ET
- Fukushima Unit 3 steaming again, third time in a week — Asahi: High radiation levels detected near where it was observed — Tepco does not know where it’s coming from (PHOTOS) July 24, 2013
- Steam observed 5 of previous 6 days at Fukushima Unit 3; Lasted for 24 hours straight at one point — Nuclear Expert: There could be pockets of corium still in molten state; Nobody quite understands what’s going on (AUDIO) September 18, 2013
- AFP: ‘Fukushima reactor site engulfed by steam’ — Kyodo: ‘Something like steam’ coming from unknown source at Unit No. 3 — Tepco: ‘Continuously wafting through the air’ — Work to remove rubble suspended July 23, 2013
- Steam coming from Fukushima Unit 3 reactor building — Observed multiple times this week December 28, 2013
- Fukushima Worker: Water was steaming in basement under Unit No. 3 turbine November 1, 2012