Tepco Presentation to Officials: “Crowd went nuts… they started screaming… they were flat, then the loudest crowd I’ve ever heard” — “Enormous amount of distrust in Japan” (VIDEO)
Interview with Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen
Capitol Forum (Sundays at 8a CT)
Sept 23, 2012
Arnie Gundersen discusses his recent trip to Japan where he questioned Tepco while at the Japanese Diet
At 14:00 in
Fairewinds’ Arnie Gundersen, Nuclear Engineer: [Tepco] said, ‘There’s nothing in the fuel pool to burn,’ and the crowd went nuts.
This is a crowd that’s normally flat; they started screaming at Tokyo Electric. It was a switch. They were flat, then they were the loudest crowd I’ve ever heard.
There’s an enormous amount of distrust in Japan…
Full broadcast here
- Gundersen v. Tepco: Watch audience uproar after official says “there’s nothing in the fuel pool to burn” (VIDEO) September 28, 2012
- Enormous amount of high-level radioactive waste coming from Unit No. 2 — Reactor and containment are breached (VIDEO) April 19, 2011
- Gundersen in Japan: Lawmakers told me they don’t believe Tepco or NISA — Crowd laughs out loud when Tepco responds to Unit 4 comments (VIDEO) September 3, 2012
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima radiation still spreading — “It hasn’t stopped yet” — Enormous amount is in mountains and coming down (VIDEO) December 9, 2011
- Nuclear engineer: Enormous amount of plutonium at No. 4 spent fuel pool in danger of catching fire; Pool is cracked and leaking (VIDEO) April 13, 2011