Dr. Helen Caldicott in Japan
Published: Nov 20, 2012
Dr. Helen Caldicott, Physician: [The health survey of children in Fukushima Prefecture] found 40% have thyroid abnormalities, which is incredibly rare in pediatrics.
Some of these children almost certainly are bound to develop cancer of the thyroid. And indeed one 12 year old boy has already been diagnosed with it. And a girl aged about 16 may have already developed cancer. They are testing her now.
It took 5 years for the children around Chernobyl to develop cancer. These children are showing symptoms and signs that they may well develop cancer in the future, indicating that they got a really high dose of radiation, higher than at Chernobyl. [...]
I predict we’ll see an epidemic of leukemia and cancer and congenital malformations in this exposed population over the next 70 years or longer. [...]
Published: November 20th, 2012 at 11:07 am ET
- Caldicott: California nuclear plant a ‘time bomb’ if restarted — Chance of nuke disaster in U.S. very high… not if, but when (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- Caldicott: I think some of the Fukushima plant workers exposed to very high levels of radiation have died — There’s a coverup by Tepco and gov’t, so we don’t know what’s really going on (VIDEO) July 10, 2012
- Caldicott: Fukushima much worse than Chernobyl — Nuclear engineers say there’s no end in sight to this — I predict they’ll never be able to fix it (VIDEO) October 5, 2013
- Caldicott: The corium hasn’t finished and will never finish — I think it means the end of Japan financially (VIDEO) May 23, 2012
- Mainichi publishes report on thyroid cancer: 30% in Fukushima now with tumors of 2cm or less, thyroid gland only 5cm by 3cm total — Claims cancer increases after 10 sievert radiation dose, so Japan ok (10,000 millisieverts) April 27, 2012