During a Press Conference in New York on May 4, 2012 Dr. Junro Fuse, an internist and head of Kosugi Medical Clinic near Tokyo, discussed children, diabetes, and Fukushima radiation:
There are hot spots even within the Tokyo Metropolitan Area that have actually already led to physiological problems/damage.
We are expecting thyroid disorders in children, but also cancers (bladder, leukemia, lung), diabetes.
Dr. Miura, the director of Iwase general hospital conducted health checkup for people in temporary dwellings in Sukagawa city Fukushima. The result showed 6 in 10 children under 12 years old have diabetes.
Dr. Miura states this is abnormal situation, but is guessing it’s because of the lack of exercise or stress. [...]
Published: May 16th, 2012 at 6:25 pm ET
- Head of Medical Clinic: Radiation already causing health problems around Tokyo — Highly contaminated areas have led to physiological damage (VIDEO) May 7, 2012
- Head of Tokyo-area Medical Clinic: “Risk from internal exposure is 200-600 times greater than risk from external exposure” (VIDEO) May 10, 2012
- Weekly Asahi: 70% of children tested in Kanto (a region that includes Tokyo) have radioactive cesium in their urine -Journalist #Fukushima October 1, 2013
- All 10 children tested in large city 60 km from Fukushima meltdown have radioactive urine — “High possibility” that children in and near city exposed to internal radiation June 30, 2011
- Japan Physician: Many children in greater Tokyo area complained of similar symptoms after 3/11 — Radiation levels in large cities in Fukushima exceed Chernobyl’s high contamination areas (VIDEO) February 28, 2013