Title: TEPCO releases footage of Fukushima teleconference
Source: NHK World
Date: Aug. 6, 2012
Only one-third of the 150-hours of video contain audio sound.
The media are allowed to watch the videos on personal computers at TEPCO’s head office. The company bans reporters from making copies of the footage.
The utility finally released the footage in response to requests from the public, but only on a limited basis.
The released part is not sufficient to review the responses to the accident. Calls for full disclosure are expected to increase.
Information expert Mikio Haruna, visiting professor at Tokyo’s Waseda University Graduate School
- [He] is calling for full disclosure of the TEPCO video footage
- He says the footage is a national asset that will help determine the cause of the accident at the power plant and prevent a recurrence
- He also says the footage is critical in view of people’s right to access to information
- Haruna criticizes Tokyo Electric Power Company for deleting sections of the video
- He says people may suspect that the utility has something to hide
- He says the video should be fully disclosed so that the accident can be thoroughly reviewed
Published: August 6th, 2012 at 3:20 pm ET
- Reports: Tokyo Vice Governor suggests Fukushima draft? “We all Japanese must face it” — Sale of foreign Geiger counters banned? March 19, 2012
- Member of Japan Parliament: I now believe Tepco was trying to hide radiation levels measured after quake — People in Japan deceived (VIDEO) January 31, 2012
- VIDEO: Radioactive material now flowing toward Tokyo and contaminating their water supply; Problems “actually only getting worse” — “Truth is no one in world really knows how to deal with Fukushima” — Gov’t Expert: Tepco “should give up’ making ice walls September 21, 2014
- Posts mentioning ‘leukemia’ get deleted says Japanese man diagnosed with acute leukemia after 3/11 July 9, 2012
- Green, contaminated water fills bottom of Unit 4 – Removed: Report, photos of destroyed containment vessel interior deleted from website — Reporters: We strongly feel that effort from whole nation is needed to face future at Fukushima (PHOTO) February 13, 2014