Title: Radio-isotopic Analysis of Post-Fukushima Accident Japanese Soil Samples
Author: Thomas Watson
Date: March 3, 2012
At 7:10 in
- Kashiwa City soil near rain spout from someone’s yard @ 97,500 Bq/kg [...]
- That is an exceeding large amount of radioactivity to find in somebody’s soil.
- The most unfortunate place was in a child’s playground, also in Kashiwa City.
- This playground had a radioactivity in dirt that children play on of @ 41,500 Bq/kg.
- I detected Cs-137 and Cs-134.They were so high they clouded everything else. There was nothing else I was able to detect as a result of it.
- Very active, huge amounts of radioactivity.
- Little children play on this everyday.
At 16:15 in
- Here is the soil sample form the child’s park in Kashiwa City.
- This plastic container is actually blocking a lot of the alpha particles.
- When i pulled this out of the sample container, it was about double this.
- People who sent in samples from Japan
- GammaSpectrometry (Yahoo Group)
- Particular someone on YouTube who posts a lot of good research
- Spectrum Techniques
Published: April 28th, 2012 at 10:01 am ET