Prime Minister Kan’s Secretary talks Fukushima Daiichi 1
Published by Jul 12, 2012
Published by Ato Munch
Translation at 3:16 in
Mitsuyo Matsuda, Prime Minister Kan’s secretary: One of lawmakers grabbed my arm and took me to his office at Congressional Office Building. A reactor designer who supported me said “‘Reactors are in very serious condition.’ How are we going to do?”, he asked.
“We should directly talk with Mr. Kan, so let’s go to Prime Minister’s Resident together immediately.”, he said.
When I was taking an appointment with his secretary,
Mr. Kan called me and said “I’m very busy, so talk to me on the phone right now.”
“‘If you leave the reactors, they’re going blow up within 300 km.’ a designer of Unit 3 told us.” the lawmaker said.
Who was the designer of Unit 3?
He was an ex-president of University of Saga, Mr. Uehara.
Translation at 6:49 in
Matsuda: If all of them explode, they would blow up within 300 km by calculation, the lawmaker said.
Why NISA didn’t inform such a important issue?
They whispered later, nobody asked, so they didn’t tell.
It’s unthinkable for us.
I think just firing Director General of NISA is not enough punishment.
Published: July 12th, 2012 at 10:55 am ET
- Lawmaker questions Japan Prime Minister: He let people die in Fukushima — I want him to resign immediately (VIDEO) July 16, 2012
- Former Diplomat: Fukushima disaster “to go on almost to infinity, I’m afraid” — Official: “It will never be resolved” if situation at plant continues — Bloomberg: Prime Minister told by his own party “Japan’s response is failing” (AUDIO) November 3, 2013
- Ultimate Irony? Prime Minister: Japan must restart nuclear reactors for “survival of society” June 8, 2012
- AFP: Tepco spells Japan Prime Minister’s name wrong during Fukushima visit and had him wear it — “We are very sorry” — “They can’t even check on something as trivial as this” September 20, 2013
- Former Prime Minister: Half the people in Japan were close to being evacuated after start of Fukushima crisis (VIDEO) March 11, 2013