Jerusalem Post, Feb. 26, 2013: Unknown assailants burglarized the home of the head of the Israel Atomic Energy Commission [...] and made off with a briefcase full of documents, a wallet, and a mobile device, police reported on Tuesday. The house belongs to Brigadier General Dr. Shaul Horev, head of the IAEC and a senior official in the Prime Minister’s Office. Horev is in charge of Israel’s nuclear energy policy, one of the most sensitive jobs in the security establishment.
Ynetnews: AEC chief falls victim to home invasion [...] News of the break-in was initially placed under a gag order. According to available information, the thieves absconded with a Horev’s briefcase, wallet, computer and a communication device. A statement by the Atomic Energy Commission said that no sensitive material was compromised. It denied a computer was among the items stolen. [...] Security sources said that on Tuesday, Horev’s wallet was found – with every one of his credentials inside – and that the communication device was recovered as well. It is believed that the break-in was a random criminal act.
Israel Hayom: Burglars may have stolen secret info from top nuclear official [...] “We still don’t know exactly what was stolen, and we’ve launched an investigation,” a police spokesperson said.
Published: February 26th, 2013 at 4:25 pm ET
- Radiation alert at home of dead Russian tycoon in UK — Officers search for nuclear material — Connected to ex-KGB spy poisoned with polonium-210 (VIDEO) March 25, 2013
- TV: Documents reveal radiation spike at world’s fifth largest nuclear plant — Reuters: Officials “could not comment” if documents are authentic; Report says radiation levels measured at 16 times gov’t limit after leak (VIDEO) January 3, 2015
- Breakthrough? New doughnut-shaped island to store wind power — Official: “A great solution”… could be first of its kind January 26, 2013
- Bloomberg exposes IAEA: Safety division is a “marketing channel” for nuclear technology, reveals secret US docs December 10, 2011
- Reports: Atomic bomb detonated by North Korea — M4.9 quake one kilometer underground — Country’s third test ever, first since 2009 (VIDEO) February 12, 2013