Caravan to Midnight, the John B. Wells Program, March 2014:
At 2:00 in
- John B. Wells, top-rated host of the most-listened-to overnight program in history ‘Coast to Coast AM’ until January 2014: Back at the old radio program, one of the comments I used to get all the time was, ‘Oh, radiation shows are just boring, they scare people and they’re depressing and the numbers just go down.’ So, I guess they were worried about numbers, they were just worried about them going down – and they were worried about them going up in certain parts and on certain nights, but that’s all thanks to you, that has nothing to do with me, it has everything to do with you, everything to do with you.
- 4-minute review of headlines from ENENews
At 18:00 in
- Wells: This Fukushima thing is for real people. Despite the objections from the staff and the ‘on highs’ at Coast to Coast AM, I mentioned Fukushima every chance I got. And before it was it over with, why even the captain began talking about Fukushima. Well, we’re just a little bit late. Fukushima was almost 3 years ago and it has not improved. I used to ask over and over again, why is the world not rushing to Fukushima? I’ll tell you why, because there’s nothing they can do about it and they know it. So what we’re going to have to do is play this ball where it lays. What we’re going to have to do is we’re going to have to shut down our nuclear power plants in this country.
Published: March 24th, 2014 at 4:39 pm ET
- Show host during Nuclear Power Special: “I go to ENENews frequently” — #1 program in time slot, 3.5 million weekly listeners (AUDIO) March 24, 2013
- Nuclear Engineer: New video appears to show molten corium that melted out of Fukushima reactor — “Some of it is still oozing” — We’ve been talking about criticalities going on and causing continued heat for a long time now” (AUDIO & VIDEO) February 23, 2015
- Top talk show discusses Prof. Koide’s statements about feeding Fukushima-contaminated food to supporters of nuclear power (VIDEO) May 9, 2012
- Show Host: I was told not to discuss Fukushima on air, but I did anyway –”They didn’t want it talked about a lot, but eventually it became undeniable” — “World not rushing to aid Japan because nothing can be done… just getting worse and worse… it’s a horror, it’s a tragedy” (VIDEO) April 22, 2014
- Host: Fukushima may be one of biggest events to ever affect us in modern times — Gundersen: It should be ‘Level 8′ on INES scale (AUDIO) January 10, 2014