FOX5 San Diego, Dec. 19, 2013:
Kathleen Bade, FOX5 San Diego: Sailor who served on the USS Ronald Reagan claim they were exposed to dangerous levels of radiation [...]
Mike Seabourn, in charge of decontaminating aircraft: It hit me like a ton of bricks. I could be at about 60% power through the right side of my body — that’s arms, legs, everything.
Jaime Chambers, FOX5 San Diego: Seabourn believes he is just one of potentially thousands of US sailors who’ve been exposed to serious radiation contamination after working near the Fukushima disaster zone [...] but his true concern lies with the sailors who were aboard the USS Ronald Reagan.
Seabourn: They rode write into the plume and it contaminated the entire ship. And then their water was contaminated and they drank out of that [...]
Chambers: Cancer, blindness, fatigue, impotence. All symptoms plaguing former sailors [...] according to a lawsuit demanding compensation from the Japanese nuclear company Tepco.
Seabourn: You could call 1 or 2 a coincidence, but 50-60 people in their 20s off one ship? That’s a little bit too much to… [...] I want the people on the Reagan taken care of that are dealing with really big issues right now. [...]
Chambers: The original lawsuit was dismissed because of confusion over jurisdictional issues but now lawyers say they have retooled their lawsuit and plan to file again January 6.
Bade: We’ll continue to follow that story for sure.
FOX5 News, Dec. 19, 2013: [...] crew members of the USS Ronald Reagan say they are suffering from a variety of cancers [...] Seventy sailors from the USS Ronald Reagan are filling suit against the Japanese company TEPCO [...] The law suit states TEPCO downplayed the nuclear radiation danger until it was too late. According to the suit, radiation experts who assisted in the decontamination say the USS Ronald Reagan sailed straight into a plume of radioactivity, which contaminated the ship’s water supply. [...] The law suit claims active and former sailors are suffering from cancer, blindness, impotence, and fatigue as a result [...]
Published: December 19th, 2013 at 4:19 pm ET
- Another 20 Navy Sailors: USS Ronald Reagan crew with thyroid cancers, leukemia, brain tumors, bleeding, blindness after Fukushima disaster — Young kids developing problems — Gov’t and Tepco involved in major conspiracy (AUDIO) December 12, 2013
- NY Post: Snow falling on Navy ship caused by Fukushima radioactive steam… “Is that aluminum foil I taste?” — Sailor: People were defecating on themselves in hallways from excruciating diarrhea — Officer: We saw radiation 300 times ‘safe’ levels (VIDEO) December 22, 2013
- Press Conference: People were trying to commit suicide aboard USS Reagan during Fukushima mission — Some tried to get off ship — It was living in fear every day, it was horrible (AUDIO) March 11, 2013
- Radio: US Navy sailors had radioactive snow ball fights off Fukushima — Crew “pretty well toast” after weeks on Pacific… significant cancers, incessant bleeding from anus or vagina, blindness — Debris from USS Reagan sent to Hanford nuclear waste site (AUDIO) January 16, 2014
- Spike in number of US sailors dying after Fukushima radiation exposure — Now over 400 veterans suffering serious illnesses — Former Japan Prime Minister breaks down crying, “This can’t be ignored any longer… The number of sick people is increasing and their symptoms are worsening” (VIDEOS) June 8, 2016