Title: Sinkhole “burps” again, officials on alert
Author: Chris Nakamoto
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2013 10:44 PM
Date Updated: Jan 20, 2013 11:11 AM
“Parish officials said hydrocarbons and debris bubbled up to the surface and caused major cracks in a well pad”
WBRZ: There’s heightened anxiety tonight around the sinkhole around Bayou Corne […]
Officials there say they noticed something alarming happening on one of the well pads forcing them to shut down all activity there.
John Boudreaux, Assumption OEP Director: There is additional cracking that has occurred on well pad 3, where there’s cracks that have developed on that pad. They are an inch wide and a ruler goes down 14 inches. It seems that that land is sloughing in towards the sinkhole.
Published: January 21st, 2013 at 12:00 pm ET
- Brockovich: Residents near giant sinkhole need to get out — Serious gas pressure — Potential for explosion — Homes and land now useless (VIDEO) March 10, 2013
- TV: Giant sinkhole swallows nearly an acre of land — Photo: Surface now covered in oil, sheen March 17, 2013
- Officials: “Event” has occurred at giant sinkhole — Surface appears covered in thick black oil (VIDEO) November 27, 2012
- NPR: Strange things happening near massive sinkhole in Louisiana — “Doors pop open by themselves” — You can hear the cracking (AUDIO) March 21, 2013
- Sinkhole expands to 4 acres — 5,000 square feet of land lost since Tuesday (VIDEO) September 22, 2012