Follow-up to: Russia TV: Meteor "could be a little teaser of what’s coming" -- 20,000 personnel still on high alert -- "This is essentially a giant nuclear facility... 7 plants here produce fuel" (VIDEO)
Source: Russia Today News
Date: February 15, 2013 at 9:10a ET
At 10:15 in
Host: We are getting suggestions here at RT that the meteorite that came in just east of the Urals this morning was the preemptive part, the beginning nose part, of what could be a bigger chunk coming in in the next few hours. Do you know anything about that?
Piers Corbyn, Astrophysicist: Well… I don’t know. But of course you see these things generally have originated from something bigger which is breaking up or broken up even millions of years ago, so we don’t know. But I would say the likelihood of something more coming is greater now than say at any other time. It doesn’t mean it’s very likely, maybe only 1 percent chance of something big happening. But of course normally the chance of something big happening would be much less.
Host: We’re getting reports that if there is this chunk and apparently there is a chunk, it’s going to be passing by the next 5 or 6 hours (2:00p-3:00p ET) over the Pacific Region.
Published: February 15th, 2013 at 11:17 am ET
- Beach covered in BP oil within hours of being cleaned — TV: “How quickly things can change” (VIDEO & PHOTO) January 12, 2013
- Most likely a ‘worst-case scenario’ at WIPP — NPR: ‘Huge chunk’ of salt believed to have crushed drums of radioactive waste — ABC: “Investigators now admit problem is serious” — NYT: Plutonium, americium can bombard organs “for rest of person’s lifetime” (VIDEO) February 28, 2014
- Gundersen: Concern an even larger calamity is coming at Fukushima — Guardian: Workers passing out within minutes of arriving at plant; Alcohol abuse a problem, men working with ‘the shakes’; Insiders say they’re suffering health problems (AUDIO) October 15, 2013
- TV: Fukushima plant is hemorrhaging radioactivity — “Scariest part of all is they don’t know where it’s coming from” — The big mystery is why contamination is coming out now in such a hurry (VIDEO) July 13, 2013
- Russia TV: Meteor “could be a little teaser of what’s coming” — 20,000 personnel still on high alert — “This is essentially a giant nuclear facility… 7 plants here produce fuel” (VIDEO) February 15, 2013