TV: China, Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, and others are going to want to know just how out of control this newly revealed radiation emergency is at Fukushima (VIDEO)
Title: Fukushima nuclear waste still leaking into Pacific
Date: Aug 9, 2013
At 5:00 in
Paul Gunter director of the reactor oversight project at Beyond Nuclear: We’re in a very grave situation right now as the Japanese government has declared this is a new radiation emergency coming out of a worsening situation at Fukushima Daiichi [...]
The meetings that are going on right now between industry and government are behind closed doors. The Japanese people are asking for more transparency to get a better understanding of just how out of control this whole situation is.
And that’s going to be true for New Zealand, for Taiwan, for Korea, for China, for all the immediate Pacific nations.
But ultimately it raises concerns for radioactive contamination in the ocean currents in the Pacific.
See also: Korea Times: Quarter-billion liters of Fukushima contaminated water flowed into Pacific -- Japan cover-up could violate international law -- Hid global issue of environmental concern?
Watch the broadcast here
- Fukushima nuclear materials reported off China coast near Taiwan — Official: “The authority will publish relevant information in a timely manner once any threat is detected” March 21, 2013
- Tepco: It’s unforgivable that radioactive material is leaking out of control from Fukushima plant — This is a very significant problem (VIDEO) August 9, 2013
- Watch: Japan Officials Issue Fukushima Radioactivity Alert — “The radioactive discharge is out of control” — Contamination seeping into ocean is an emergency (VIDEO) August 5, 2013
- Report: “High level radiation cloud” detected passing over New Zealand city — Peaks reached an “incredible” 1.89 microSv/h January 31, 2012
- Comedy Show? Radio: Fukushima very much under control — Notion that Japan is ruined in any way isn’t true unfortunately — Nuclear power not all China Syndrome stuff (VIDEO) January 21, 2012