TV: Concerns about integrity of top of giant Louisiana salt dome — Measures 1-by-3 miles (DIAGRAM & VIDEO)
Title: Mystery sinkhole to be checked for radioactivity
Author: SHEILA V KUMAR
Date: August 10, 2012
Reporter: Its also not clear, however how far that fracture could have traveled and its impact on the overall integrity of the top of this massive salt dome.
We’ve requested multiple interviews with the Department of Natural Resources. So far none have been granted.
The Advocate: “Solid salt deposits [form] the 1-by-3-mile dome”
Watch the video here
- Sinkhole: Napoleonville Salt Dome Project hydrocarbon survey was over 50 square miles — Reported size of 1 mile by 3 miles only includes top of dome (PHOTO) October 16, 2012
- Watch: Man ignites tap water 4 miles from Louisiana sinkhole — It started bubbling after giant hole formed (VIDEO) November 1, 2012
- Gov’t experts now admitting “crude oil” is what’s in giant sinkhole, not diesel — Oil likely coming up side of salt dome October 10, 2012
- Analyst: They are worried about a breach of the salt dome — Chevron emptying billions of cubic feet of gas from cavern after Louisiana gov’t issues warning August 12, 2012
- Officials: Sinkhole could grow to 1,400 feet across — “Unusual” it’s on edge of giant salt dome, normally right on top August 16, 2012