KION, Jan. 22, 2014 (at 1:20 in):
Q: Has there been a significant event at the power plant where radioactive water has been released in the last three weeks?
Dr. Ken Buesseler oceanographer and scientist on ocean radiation from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute: Over the course of the summer, there have been a couple of discreet accidents. What we’re seeing and expecting to be able to detect off the West Coast of North America would be from 2011 [...]
The station’s transcript of this interview is somewhat different than what was actually said:
Q: Has there been a significant radiation leakage event from Fukushima in the last three weeks?
Dr. Ken Buesseler oceanographer and scientist on ocean radiation from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute: Over the summer, there were a couple of discreet leaks but what we’re expecting to detect off the West Coast is from 2011 [...]
Then, of course, there’s that ‘event’ happening every day at the plant, where Tepco estimates 400 tons of radioactive water flows into the Pacific Ocean.
Published: January 29th, 2014 at 1:14 am ET
- Censored Japan gov’t scientist reveals much more radioactive material is leaking into Pacific from Fukushima than claimed by Tepco — It’s getting released outside of port’s barrier, directly into ocean — Officials refused to allow publication of study on sea contamination (PHOTO) September 27, 2013
- Expert: “Can’t be changed & can’t be stopped”; Radioactive Fukushima water will continually enter ocean — Significant ‘discreet leaks’ recently — West Coast “should be alarmed” at lack of testing—Levels rising for 2 years & expected to increase January 24, 2014
- TV: New concerns at Fukushima; Radioactive material “spilling into ocean” from layer 80 feet deep, officials suspect — Jiji: Record high radiation levels at 18 locations between reactors and Pacific; Crisis far from under control (VIDEO) June 25, 2014
- Officials: Radioactive material released into air from Fukushima plant, areas far away being contaminated — Gov’t tracking plumes using emergency prediction system — “Large amount” of radioactive substances will soon be released (PHOTOS & VIDEO) July 14, 2014
- Officials reveal about 2 Trillion becquerels of Fukushima radioactive material flowed into ocean every month during 2013 — “Deadly strontium” releases now more than double cesium — “Strontium gets into your bones… it changes the equation” (VIDEO) August 29, 2014