Title: Radioactive Fish, Pacific Ocean, Fukushima Leaking MORE Radiation update 7/11/13
Date: July 12, 2013
Kevin Kamps, Radioactive Waste Watchdog at Beyond Nuclear: Well, the best I can come up with for what’s happening in recent days and weeks at Fukushima Daiichi is hemorrhaging of radioactivity.
And the scariest part of all is that they don’t know where it’s coming from.
But ultimately it’s coming from 3 melted down atomic reactor cores and severely damaged, if not entirely destroyed, radiological containment structures. That’s where it’s ultimately coming from.
But why it’s getting out now in such a hurry all of a sudden is the big mystery.
Published: July 13th, 2013 at 10:01 am ET
- Fukushima Mystery? TV: Japan expert says radiation levels in ocean too high to be explained by groundwater flow alone — Must be coming from “other contamination routes” entering Pacific — “Devastating impact” to come? (VIDEO) August 19, 2013
- Energy Analyst: Concern a ‘reverse tsunami’ of radioactivity now moving back into Pacific from Fukushima plant — Nuclear catastrophe remains out of control and hemorrhaging September 13, 2013
- Professor: “It’s really a dead zone” in areas of Fukushima — “Huge impacts… there are no butterflies, no birds… many dramatically fewer species” — “Why does it matter to you (in the U.S.)? The reason is, it’s coming, it is coming” (VIDEO) October 11, 2015
- Contamination sprayed on men at Fukushima plant — Alarm sounds over radioactivity levels — Worker: They never told us Reactor 3 building was steaming, “I found out about it on TV” (VIDEO) August 12, 2013
- Senior Scientist: Fukushima reactors like Swiss cheese; No one knows how far melted nuclear fuel has spread — Newspaper: Highly radioactive water thought to be coming up from ground and directly into open ocean, bypassing plant’s bay; ‘Other substances’ making contamination more serious (VIDEO) September 9, 2014