Published: April 1st, 2014 at 1:36 pm ET

Interview with Fairewinds’ Chief Engineer Arnie Gundersen on Al Jazeera, Mar. 27, 2014:

At 1:00 in

• They’re not really measuring the worst of the radiation. What we’re finding are very, very small microscopic particles that are lodging in people’s lungs. The Japanese government is not taking that exposure into effect. The health consequences within 20km and 30km are really significant and will be for decades. [...] They are really forcing them to move in, because they’re taking away the money that they have been receiving to live remotely. The only way they can continue to be on a stipend is to come back in to that radiation. So it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

At 3:00 in

• You run the risk of destroying the fabric of a country — it happened at Chernobyl and it’s happening right now in Japan. [...] The nuclear plant on the Japanese side of the Pacific is bleeding radiation into the Pacific every day. About 400 tons of radioactive water every day for over 1,000 days now [105,668,000 gallons], has been pouring in to the Pacific. […] We are beginning to see low levels of radiation in the water […] Until our government, whether it’s states or national government, tell me what’s in the fish, I remain very concerned about eating the fish that are coming from the Pacific.

Watch the broadcast here

Published: April 1st, 2014 at 1:36 pm ET

1. Gundersen: Ocean already contaminated from deluge of Fukushima toxic water — Will stop eating fish from west coast — Cesium at 1,000% normal levels in middle of Pacific August 23, 2013
  2. Gundersen: I’m now not eating Pacific Ocean fish — Bio-accumulation of Fukushima nuclear waste concerning — Effects of lower-level radiation worse than predicted (VIDEO) January 9, 2014
  3. Fox News: So many people are concerned about eating Fukushima radioactive waste — Bloomberg: Radiation will be washing up on West Coast; Includes cesium, one of the “most dangerous radionuclides” released (VIDEO) February 3, 2014
  4. PBS Reporter Miles O’Brien: “No one likes to see ocean filled with cesium and strontium and so forth” — It’s arriving on West Coast of U.S. as we speak — “Nobody likes the idea of eating cesium from Fukushima” — “Tainted water dumped into Pacific as we speak” (AUDIO) April 25, 2014
  5. Expert: People on West Coast right to be concerned about Fukushima plume — Things “could get much worse” — Lots of radioactivity flowing into ocean — Gov’t not testing water or fish (AUDIO) December 1, 2013

38 comments to TV: Gov’t not measuring worst of Fukushima radiation — Over 100 Million gallons of radioactive water bleeding into ocean from plant — We’re beginning to see radiation in west coast water — Very concerned about eating fish from Pacific (VIDEO)

• Canuck1

Vancouver fish and sushi restaurants are full. The public can't see radiation so they just keep on munching away. They think they are invincible..Cancer rates will skyrocket.

• We Not They Finally

Exactly. Here in Albuquerque a couple of days back (bad enough to make the national headlines,) HUNDREDS of people were out in the streets to protest police brutality. It lasted twelve hours, they took over university grounds, stood on the freeway to block the traffic, police were lined up with riot gear with gas masks on their faces.

Yet a meeting earlier in the week about WIPP attracted all of fifty largely greyheads, and when I said why aren't there thousands of people in the streets to shut it down, people…. listened politely.

Ten years from now, police shooting people randomly (even though yes, that's a serious problem!) may not be the biggest news story. Cancer and other illnesses will be "doing it for them," but way worse.

People are very short-sighted. I guess that people dying en masse in ten (maybe less) years, doesn't look as glamorous on twitter.

• GQR2

people are wolfing down Oyster sliders.
      They are oblivious,but not for long.

• Arnie is being very conservative…

Fukushima – 200 MILLION Gallons Of Highly Radioactive Water Are Pouring Into Pacific Per Day, Or More; via @AGreenRoad

• Crash2Parties Crash2Parties

Yep, if you go back through the news stories, the oft-reported 300-400 tons daily is *only* the amount they are pouring into the reactors intentionally to try to "keep them cool". Not really necessary once they start(ed) bathing in that cool, clean aquifer water running through & under the plant…

• We Not They Finally

So Gundersen says that moving people back to hell-hot areas or lose any living subsistence, is murder by blackmail.

Sounds about right.

• razzz razzz

Arnie seems to suffer from the same affliction that Ted Weyman admits to from doing field research concerning uranium used in US bombs. Both have the same occasional gasping for breath albeit Arnie's is not as noticeable.

Notice Ted uses the word 'equalizes' instead of saying disperse or dissipates when referring to how uranium particles act in earth's atmosphere.

and

(I swear I have to re-find this video every time I link to it. Must keep being deleted then re-posted.)

• m a x l i

Thanks for that, razzz! All important stuff. Two details I noticed: The infamous black substance lying on street surfaces and the yellowish explosions. Nuclear power plant fuel rods are "enriched" and contain fission products after being used for a while, but for the biggest part consist of the same U-238 like those DU-rounds. Now accelerate a few fuel rod parts to high velocity, by a hydrogen explosion for instance, and let them crash into a target like a metal or concrete wall!

Also very interesting, how he says: "If you don't have moral objections…" He knows what kind of wood the people are carved of who he is addressing at that point.

• Nick

"What we’re finding are very, very small microscopic particles that are lodging in people’s lungs."
    AG

Is it possible that the recent "bug" I and 1,000s of others here in NYS is plutonium related? (source: Fukushima/Hanford/WIPP/etc)

If symptoms of radiation pneumonitis occur, they may include shortness of breath upon activity, cough and fever.

Some people may develop a cough, fever, and fullness of the chest that is diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis, an inflammation of the lung occurring between two weeks and six months after radiation therapy.

I realize that the above links are talking about radiotherapy, but I just can't help but wonder if I am/have seeing mass radiation poisoning in the population around me.

It is too early for pollen and other allergens to kick in.

Thoughts???

• califnative califnative (NY)

Nick – did you mean New York State? If so, my friend is in the hospital (2nd time in 2 months) with pneumonia, no coughing but lung inflammation, lost his voice, shallow breathing, high fever, doctors finally said if you don't take this seriously and rest for at least a month you could die. He also picked up a nasty bug from the hospital the first visit. Due to his frequent overseas flying, I have no doubt he has accumulated radiation to bring his resistance down. I am hearing more and more people falling ill and it's hitting them hard. As I write this, chemtrails are spraying in full force since 12:00pm today. What was a beautiful blue sky is now a milky haze. This spraying is also a culprit to the "bug" we are inhaling http://aircrap.org/

• digitalaardvarks

people are saying allergy season started early

• Nick

Then there is..

YOU get to decide if your fever, cough, hacking, chest tightness, shortness of breath is "natural" or the beginning of a new era in human biology!

• razzz razzz

You should watch my links above even though Ted is discussing uranium fallout he goes on to explain that radiation (uranium) poisoning is 'non-specific' which means there is no way a doctor can diagnosis your symptoms as being directly cause from radiation poisoning because a wide range of body reactions can be confused with normal illness. Even with a blood test showing high levels of uranium, medical society goes by military/government standards that ignore complications.

Ted also points out that to test positive for uranium in the blood, one would have to inhale uranium particles. NOT digested it via contaminated food intake.

• Nick

Then there are the nosebleeds…..

…..I bet all of us have registered more nosebleeds in folks around us recently.

Hmmmmm.?

This is why we have nuclear madness, ya can't PROVE it's effects on us guinea pigs.

Me? My gut tells me I am right. I also know that most people would shirk at my beliefs.

Another symptom that I have noticed is intestinal distress.

Maybe I am just paranoid and it's just glyphosphate poisoning.(the gut stuff)

• califnative califnative (NY)

Nick – you are not paranoid, can you say Monsanto? You may be one of the millions of people who are feeling the effects of GMO foods. http://www.responsibletechnology.org/posts/gmo-health-dangers/

• name999 name999

nick, it is real and many of us here know it…it has truly come to this and will get worse…

• Seraphine Seraphine

Hi Nick :)

I've never had a nosebleed in my entire life, so if I did, you can believe I'd be posting on here about it!

Looking back, I realize that all (except possibly 1 of) the foods I react/ed to badly are GMO. It could be simply due to more press coverage or a swelling population, but it seems like there are more children born with bizarre/extreme allergies today than ever before. GMO must have some involvement, IMO.

Stomach/skin/mood issues are not new to me – but now, I feel like a RAIDS patient. Everyone around me in the city would also say they were really having their ass kicked by a bad cold/flu/bug. Even if *a certain incident in Japan* had never happened, this health trend would become apparent anyway…I like to think. -_-
      I don't know if the weather in Seattle has also been crap, but it's so wet here where I've moved. :( Can't win. Really wish I could afford a Geiger counter.

I wonder about that initial spike from Fukushima on March 8 2011. Anyone else have anything happen to them *very* shortly after 3/11?

• Ontological Ontological

My wife and I have been ridiculously 'sick'. Issue is it comes and goes, and it usually hits after being in the 60 mph winds we have been experiencing for a week now. The wind causes horse voice, headache, sinusitis symptoms, but not totally. Allergies, maybe but those don't cause intestinal issues also. This violent sneezing has cost me the last 6 months of healing from skull cancer surgery. With no hope of ever returning to UCLA for any follow up. I'm basically west coast toast. We had a VERY hot pepper that looked cooked in a bag of small organic Mexican peppers. It was 6x background, and looked as if a hot partial did the deed. Whoever told me they may have been irradiated. N15 Halflife is only 2.3 days.

• razzz razzz

N15 is stable. You must be referring to some other N radioisotope.

• califnative califnative (NY)

sorry to hear that Ontological :(

• Ontological Ontological

Ty Cal at least a few of us out here are HUMAN. I have forgotten who I am, suffered several strokes in the last 2 weeks.

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP TO THIS SHIT NOW! Nit picking over BULLSHIT is NOT what is needed here! You are only being just like the evil monster bastards overtaking the natural beauty of EARTH!

• Sparky Sparky

Hi Ontological, Ugghhh! Strokes on top of all else??? I'm so sorry for all you and your wife are going through. :-( This sh*t is so vile and pervasive it is hard to figure out where the latest, most toxic assault is coming from and how to avoid or minimize it.

Honestly, I don't know what it will take for the masses to wake up to this poison and its perpetrators. Even a full-blown Fuku-sized disaster here in the US will likely be sanitized with government/industry dissembling and nuke-puke PR/communications. Will people ever make the connection between nuclear and disease, disability and death?

As an aside, I think Razzz was just setting the record straight re: N15. I'm not as informed about this as either of you, so I appreciated both your comments.

Hang-in there, Ontological. Your mind seems to be pretty intact, despite the challenges. To steal a jaded but complementary phrase from a friend of mine, "Still full of piss and vinegar, eh?? Good for you!" ;-)

• 4Yahshua

4~3~5995 (out of 6000) in this "Twilight Zone Apocalypse"!

Hubby takes a cayenne pepper capsule (actually two) daily to keep his blood flowing. (It naturally prevents strokes.) He takes a cool cayenne variety (Swanson Vitamins). I sprinkle some in my daily squeezed lemon/lime because it's good for cleansing the liver. We will probably see zombies on the street before anything useful is mentioned in the MSM. By the way, we received an e-mail asking if that Malaysian flight was hijacked to Diego Garcia Island RAF/US airbase in the Indian Ocean. TRUE????

• Wind kicks up everything toxic in the soil and throws it around.

Do you have a HEPA filter and negative ion generator combo going during those wind storms?

• Nick

Tomorrow a colleague is to see a doc for symptoms she can't seem to shake: cough, daily fever, shortness of breath, hacking and sneezing.

I'll say it again…I am seeing a TON of these symptoms in fellow humans of all ages lately.

I don't recall ever SNEEZING like I have recently. Not just a whoop but a wop! wop! wop!

Then there is the drippy eyes.

Yes, Califnative NYS = New York State..

If you or a loved one gets pneumonitis, they are going to HAVE to take it easy. Anti-biotics are sometimes called for, but they come with a slew of other side-effects.

Yeah, the yellow snot is nasty, but some of us can just ride it out without anti-biotics.

All of us are going to have to make our own decisions.

• razzz razzz

"Again, it is way too early for pollen issues (unless the stuff is radioactive itself and being transported from the south!)"

'Gundersen: Cesium-134 and -137 detected in Southern California pollen sample'

and

'Cesium in pollen not viewed as health risk'

Radioactive fallout enters the biota and keeps cycling until it decays away. Released, accumulates, uptaken, released, accumulates, uptaken…

• obewanspeaks obewanspeaks

Keep trying, you never know, maybe someday they will actually listen. :)

I think they are running out of Bobbies though…

• Thursday is another WIPP townhall meeting. Sign up for livestream, drop comments and have them answered, or evaded, keep pinning them further back into their lies.

Educate the masses, eviscerate the criminals that be.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

NUCLEAR INDUSTRY LETS IT CONTINUE . . .

Radiation from Fukushima is in the air, water, crops, livestock and seafood.