TV: Gov’t not measuring worst of Fukushima radiation — Over 100 Million gallons of radioactive water bleeding into ocean from plant — We’re beginning to see radiation in west coast water — Very concerned about eating fish from Pacific (VIDEO)
Interview with Fairewinds’ Chief Engineer Arnie Gundersen on Al Jazeera, Mar. 27, 2014:
At 1:00 in
- They’re not really measuring the worst of the radiation. What we’re finding are very, very small microscopic particles that are lodging in people’s lungs. The Japanese government is not taking that exposure into effect. The health consequences within 20km and 30km are really significant and will be for decades. [...] They are really forcing them to move in, because they’re taking away the money that they have been receiving to live remotely. The only way they can continue to be on a stipend is to come back in to that radiation. So it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.
At 3:00 in
- You run the risk of destroying the fabric of a country — it happened at Chernobyl and it’s happening right now in Japan. [...] The nuclear plant on the Japanese side of the Pacific is bleeding radiation into the Pacific every day. About 400 tons of radioactive water every day for over 1,000 days now [105,668,000 gallons], has been pouring in to the Pacific. […] We are beginning to see low levels of radiation in the water […] Until our government, whether it’s states or national government, tell me what’s in the fish, I remain very concerned about eating the fish that are coming from the Pacific.
Watch the broadcast here
- Gundersen: Ocean already contaminated from deluge of Fukushima toxic water — Will stop eating fish from west coast — Cesium at 1,000% normal levels in middle of Pacific August 23, 2013
- Gundersen: I’m now not eating Pacific Ocean fish — Bio-accumulation of Fukushima nuclear waste concerning — Effects of lower-level radiation worse than predicted (VIDEO) January 9, 2014
- Fox News: So many people are concerned about eating Fukushima radioactive waste — Bloomberg: Radiation will be washing up on West Coast; Includes cesium, one of the “most dangerous radionuclides” released (VIDEO) February 3, 2014
- PBS Reporter Miles O’Brien: “No one likes to see ocean filled with cesium and strontium and so forth” — It’s arriving on West Coast of U.S. as we speak — “Nobody likes the idea of eating cesium from Fukushima” — “Tainted water dumped into Pacific as we speak” (AUDIO) April 25, 2014
- Expert: People on West Coast right to be concerned about Fukushima plume — Things “could get much worse” — Lots of radioactivity flowing into ocean — Gov’t not testing water or fish (AUDIO) December 1, 2013