Title: Hanford worker’s struggle to ‘do the right thing’
Source: KING 5
Author: SUSANNAH FRAME
Date: April 25, 2013
Reporter: We’ve heard about other leaking tanks, so why is this one so important? This tank is holding waste that is so toxic that if it were to eat through its outer shell and reach the nearby the Columbia River it would contaminate irrigation water, crops, salmon, our food chain — not for months, but for hundreds of years to come. […]
Underfoot, the most hazardous material on earth is brewing inside a million gallon double shell tank.
Hanford Worker: This tank is holding the nastiest of nastiest stuff at Hanford.
Published: April 29th, 2013 at 12:11 pm ET
- TV: New high-level radioactive leak will reach Columbia River, says scientists — Fourth largest river in U.S. (VIDEO) February 18, 2013
- TV: Leaking Strontium-90 is “boiling the material around it” at U.S. nuclear site — Eating through tank liners (VIDEO) May 12, 2013
- U.S. nuclear worker brought to tears over leaking waste — “I was ready to sell everything and move to the woods” (VIDEO) April 29, 2013
- Radio: Uranium-contaminated plume covers 125 acres at U.S. nuclear site — Over 300 lbs. of uranium a year flowing into Columbia River (AUDIO) #Hanford July 30, 2013
- New Book: Shocking Hanford radiation experiments on prisoners — Columbia River called most radioactive in world March 25, 2013