Title: Wyden heading to Hanford to get answers about radioactive leak
Source: KING 5
Date: February 17, 2013
Oregon’s Senator is planning a fact-finding trip just days after news that high-level waste is leaking from an underground storage tank.
At 2:15 in
Reporter: While the latest leak has not reached the groundwater or the river, scientists say it will, because other radioactive waste already has.
See also: Governor alarmed about leak at most contaminated nuclear site in U.S. -- "You couldn't find a more perfect radioactive storm" (VIDEO)
Published: February 18th, 2013 at 1:35 pm ET
- New Book: Shocking Hanford radiation experiments on prisoners — Columbia River called most radioactive in world March 25, 2013
- TV: Most hazardous material on planet leaking at U.S. nuclear site — Would contaminate our food chain for hundreds of years to come if it reaches Columbia River (VIDEO) April 29, 2013
- “WIPP release story doesn’t add up… accident is unbelievable” — New tests show “high level” release underground — “Contains things far more radioactive than High Level Waste” — “I want to hear what really happened down there” (VIDEO) March 6, 2014
- Radio: Uranium-contaminated plume covers 125 acres at U.S. nuclear site — Over 300 lbs. of uranium a year flowing into Columbia River (AUDIO) #Hanford July 30, 2013
- TV: High-level radiation leak at Fukushima reactor thought to be from “cracks in containment vessel” — “Even more radioactive than expected” — Salt corrosion may have led to breach (VIDEO) January 21, 2014