TV: Isn’t Fukushima Daiichi at least a 21 on International Nuclear Event Scale, equal to 3 Level 7′s? “Global catastrophe… Disaster of unimaginable proportions” (VIDEO)
Title: Interview with Kevin Kamps
Source: The Thom Hartmann Program
Date: Aug 21, 2013
At 1:15 in
Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear: 7 is the highest rung on this [INES] ladder which is global catastrophe, in my words.
Only Chernobyl and Fukushima Daiichi have reached the seventh rung on this scale.
But as a colleague John Laforge with Nuke Watch in Wisconsin put it back at the time 2 ½ years ago, while there where 3 meltdowns and 4 explosions at Fukushima Daiich, isn’t that at least a 3 times 7, or a 21 on the scale? […] The ocean’s just getting hammered at Fukushima Daiichi.
At 7:00 in
Thom Hartmann, Host: A disaster of unimaginable proportions [...]
Watch the broadcast here
- US Energy Secretary: Tragic Fukushima event had “global consequences” — Report: Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi plant “is world’s worst nuclear disaster” October 31, 2013
- Japanese Diplomat: We are facing global catastrophe over next 40-100 years because of Fukushima nuclear disaster (VIDEO) June 6, 2013
- Nuclear Expert: Tepco is admitting they are very close to China Syndrome at Fukushima, where melted fuel penetrates earth (VIDEO) December 6, 2011
- Gundersen: Level 8 on INES Scale is needed for Fukushima-like disasters (VIDEO) August 30, 2012
- Radio: Just a matter of time before molten core reaches groundwater at Fukushima, says architect of Reactor No. 3 (VIDEO) December 5, 2011